Bilstein shocks thread

15 minutes ago, 3tspapat said:

Read his question. Required vs optimal is not the same. 

I can only go off what I've read.  There is more than one person / company saying due to the design of the stamped arms they are not safe to be used at the 1.8-2.5" lift. The ball joint can separate. 

In my opinion, unless they're wrong, that makes them required above 1.5.  

Just now, Red_5 said:

How many different types of upper control arms were produced? I know I've heard of aluminum and stamped steel but mine on my '15 4x4 Max tow look to be cast and I believe steel. Just curious.

3, forged steel, aluminum and stamped steel. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.  My dealer charge $350.00 for labor to install the Blistein Adjustable Shocks plus $120.00 for alignment.   This a good price for install all 4 Shocks.

If possible change the back two yourself, very simple 15 minutes and your done. Only need basic hand tools. Could save you a few dollars.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello.  My dealer charge $350.00 for labor to install the Blistein Adjustable Shocks plus $120.00 for alignment.   This a good price for install all 4 Shocks.

Good price. You most deffinetly should get the alignment after.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

I am ready to place an order.  But I have some questions:

1. How reliable they are?  Better than the ranchos

2. What setting height adjustment is recommended just to level the truck remove the rake.

Thanks,

5 minutes ago, Darthmalo said:

2. What setting height adjustment is recommended just to level the truck remove the rake.

Thanks,

Better in terms of no pogo bounce in the front. Little stiff but after long rides they break in a bit. 

Max setting still will leave a rake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Better in terms of no pogo bounce in the front. Little stiff but after long rides they break in a bit. 

Max setting still will leave a rake. 

How long you have them.  DO you have a good experience and what height adjustment you have?

Thanks for your help. 

How long you have them.  DO you have a good experience and what height adjustment you have?

Thanks for your help. 
On the time frame idk exactly. That being said I posted in this tread when i got them months ago.

Maxed out as stated they are a bit stiff. Theres a thread about bils and a bumpy ride that suites these very well in terms of how stiff. Its very weird in that some have zero complaints while a few who are outspoken lay the facts on the table.

If I had to do it again. 6112s, king or the like high end.

This is one of those do it right the first time things folk dont talk about enough. I say save your funds spend the extra and make your money worth it and go the 6112 and any other spring then stock. Thats money well spent. Bils are for the guy on a strict budget who doesn't mind a stiff ride. Sure you can change to p rated tires, but wait for it... Pot holes and nails will become close acquaintances[emoji16]

Bit long winded, but I so wish someone said this before my purchase.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Darthmalo said:

Thanks,

Bilsteins are very reliable and mostly seem to last forever. I installed my 6112s and 5160s last September and am still happy with them. I now have about 8k miles on them. They seem to get better with some use.  I like them better now than when I installed them and I’m running E load range KO2s at about 60psi most of the time and am at the top setting.

• Like 1

Currently running 275/70/18 Ko2 on OEM suspension for the last 50k miles. Shocks are toast now; never had a rub. Anybody running 285/75/18 (OEM wheels) with the 6112? That's a close to 35" diameter tire. 

Can’t remember from when I installed the 5100 but I want to lower the front shock to the bottom ring for stock ride height so I need to take the spring off for that? Wanting to do that tomorow but need to know if I gotta get a spring compressor first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk