Bilstein shocks thread

On 11/4/2019 at 3:13 PM, delaware gmc said:

I went with the highest level on my truck and went with the Toyo Open Country A/T2’s. 285/60/R20..... love the set up there is slight rubbing at full tilt when turning or reversing

Had Bilstein 5100's installed on the top notch then added some BFG TA ko2 in 285/70R17 Load C on my stock rims.

Really like the set-up so far. There may be a the slightest rub at full lock in reverse on an angle but for 99.9% of the time there is no issue.

Truck1.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I would never buy ranchos or even buy a new truck upgraded with them, think z71 has em….ill do all suspension myself and just want interior options from manfctr….fabtech and rancho never again....seems a lot of peeps get spacer leveling only to lift it later ….just do it one time the right way

Put a set of 5100's on the rear a couple of nights ago and i'm wondering if it's a bad idea to remove the leaf blocks to lower it the 1.25". Has anyone ever done this? Will it damage the shock?

On 12/3/2019 at 7:55 PM, Dunn said:

I would never buy ranchos or even buy a new truck upgraded with them, think z71 has em….ill do all suspension myself and just want interior options from manfctr….fabtech and rancho never again....seems a lot of peeps get spacer leveling only to lift it later ….just do it one time the right way

Ok, was this supposed to be some type of PSA post or what was the point? Can't quit comprehend everything you wrote as it is in a text message format... 

Long Beach, do you run negative offset wheels by chance? Because that is no better than a spacer lift. 

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

• 1 month later...

im new to the whoel truck scene and im waitning to replace my setup with these 5100 all the way around. i was just wondering if anyone is running an aftermarket set of springs to go along with the 5100. id really to get me a pair of springs as well. so i can have something similar to the eibach pro truck lift kit.

1 hour ago, Jorge L said:

im new to the whoel truck scene and im waitning to replace my setup with these 5100 all the way around. i was just wondering if anyone is running an aftermarket set of springs to go along with the 5100. id really to get me a pair of springs as well. so i can have something similar to the eibach pro truck lift kit.

Why not just get the 6112s up front if you want springs too. I have the 6112s up front with 5160s in the rear on my '15 and it's been a great upgrade. I don't think I could be happier.

• Like 1

Why not just get the 6112s up front if you want springs too. I have the 6112s up front with 5160s in the rear on my '15 and it's been a great upgrade. I don't think I could be happier.
This^^^ they have better reviews.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Red_5 said:

i didnt even know these were a thing lol, however they are out of my price range as im just wanting to do a small level to my truck while i save up for a decent lift kit. so initially i was set on the bilstein 5100s all around. well then i came across the eibach pro truck lift kit and it peeked my interest due to the beefy springs. so now im torn wether i should got with the eibach kit or the bilsteins. so i figured id ask if there was a spring people were using with these 5100s apart from the oem one. something that could sill save me a few bucks. since the 5100s all around come out to 334 and the pro truck kit is 586.

Edited by Jorge L
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

think eibachs are progressive valved and bilsteins are digressive....different way of valving

digressive starts out firm then gets softer where progressive starts out softer and ramps up at end, just different approaches and everyone feels things differently, so just depends on what type you are

sucks cuz eibach had sale lil ways back and was $389 for all 4 corners, am sure it will come back at some point

• Like 1

think eibachs are progressive valved and bilsteins are digressive....different way of valving

digressive starts out firm then gets softer where progressive starts out softer and ramps up at end, just different approaches and everyone feels things differently, so just depends on what type you are

sucks cuz eibach had sale lil ways back and was $389 for all 4 corners, am sure it will come back at some point
That seems odd, if a shock got softer as it compressed more wouldn't that be more likely to bottom out on big bumps & ride hard over minimal bumps in the road?

2014, 5.3, 4x4, work truck