2015 GMC Yukon Denali idle issue in 6.2 liter engine

I am having issues with my brand new 2015 GMC Yukon Denali. I was so excited to get this new car. It had a leak in the back right rear window from the start. They had to replace the entire headliner in the interior. Now I've got a shiver when in idle both in gear and out of gear. It feels like the car needs more gas. I've taken it into the shop 3 times now. The service department, after listening to my complaint and acknowledging the shiver, ultimately states that the car is "operating as designed". I've test driven a 6.2 liter Denali that does not have this issue.

They've stone-walled me at GM, essentially saying they can't fix a problem that doesn't exist. Has anyone else had this issue? You would think that a brand new car wouldn't have this issue, and that they could do something to fix a rough idle. I'm beyond frustrated. I'd love to hear if anyone has the same problem.

• Like 1

NashvilleGMC I sent you a private email, this is a problem with the Arlington production and I don't understand why it keeps happening but there is a fix for this.

For others if your engine is shaking take it to your dealer and have your service advisor sit in the drivers seat and put it in drive and let them feel the shake at 500rpm as it idles. I describe like my vehicle is "shivering"

• 1 month later...

I think I've been having the same problem that you described with my 2015 Yukon but mine is an SLT. Every time I was idle the car would start to shake/shiver. I've taken it in to service a total of 3 times for this issue and each time they said it was an engine mount issue. This last time, they told me that one of my engine mounts was actually installed backwards and they replaced my engine mounts with new parts just in case. If I'm being nitpicky, I still feel a very very subtle vibration but I think that may be normal vibrations at this point.

I had posted this issue somewhere else and someone mentioned checking to see if your plugs are loose? I'm not sure what plugs exactly though.

HOWEVER, now that it's warmed up here in Texas and I've had to crank up the AC the shivering during Idle has returned but only when I have the AC on really high. I guess it's time to head back into service. I am honestly one more problem away from trading this Yukon in for the Expedition.

NashvilleGMC I sent you a private email, this is a problem with the Arlington production and I don't understand why it keeps happening but there is a fix for this.

For others if your engine is shaking take it to your dealer and have your service advisor sit in the drivers seat and put it in drive and let them feel the shake at 500rpm as it idles. I describe like my vehicle is "shivering"

I found this thread because my brand new, this weekend, 2015 Denali XL feels rough to me as well. Before I took delivery, I felt it and had them take it back to service and they put it on the computer. Service manager came out and said the computer wasn't showing any codes. I wondered if they had cheap gas.

The other thing I noticed was with vehicle in park if you pop the accelerator you get a rather dramatic knock sound. We compared another Denali and an Escalade and they have the knock sound as well.

Mine is an Arlington produced Denali and if it does not get better with some miles and a new tank of gas, it is going back. Irony is I am on the GM Onwners Advisory Board.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to know the issue. My Yukon has 17k miles on it and still has a rough idle. I just came from the dealer and they won't trouble shoot it because it is not giving a trouble code.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Any further updates on this issue? This shivering / hesitation issue when idling in park or in gear has existed on my vehicle since 5,000 miles. I have a 2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT. I am sitting at the dealer for the fourth time trying to get it fixed. They have previously replaced the engine mounts, cleaned the throttle bodies, but still not fixed. I was told by a friend that this may be a loose spark plug or spark plug wire issue. DreamCadi or Nashville GMC can you please advise what the fix is for this issue? My vehicle was made at the Arlington plant as well. Thank you.

Edited by sdppw

• 1 month later...

Do you mind sending me the solution for Arlington built Yukon. I have to the same problem since I purchased the car

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

DreamCadi, can you advise on any technical bulletin for this that I could reference with my local dealer.

I'm having the same issue with rough idle that everyone else here has described in a brand new 2016 Denali Yukon.

The dealer I visited said the rough idle was "characteristic" of the 6.2L and that I underestimated how much power is in that motor. Apparently I should expect the idle of my new truck to mimick that of a hot rod chevelle from the 60s.

Any help on how to approach the dealer for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...

I know this is 6 months old. But has anyone got a fix. I actually have a 6.2l sierra denali. Idle rough but engine mounts absorb most of it, except every 3 seconds or so it seems to stumble and I can feel it in the cabin. Then one morning p0300 engine misfire. Dealer said just bad luck with bad spark plug. Replaced it, but stumble every few seconds still ther. Very slight but annoying. Would be better if constant.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently my 15' Denali engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they said it was due to "rough idle". They said the they are going to replace the fuel injectors.

I really never notice rough idle. This kinda suck because my Denali is on it's 3rd tranny and now this crap.

I found this thread because my brand new, this weekend, 2015 Denali XL feels rough to me as well. Before I took delivery, I felt it and had them take it back to service and they put it on the computer. Service manager came out and said the computer wasn't showing any codes. I wondered if they had cheap gas.

The other thing I noticed was with vehicle in park if you pop the accelerator you get a rather dramatic knock sound. We compared another Denali and an Escalade and they have the knock sound as well.

Mine is an Arlington produced Denali and if it does not get better with some miles and a new tank of gas, it is going back. Irony is I am on the GM Onwners Advisory Board.

I am experiencing the same exact problem in my 2016 Denali. They claimed it was bad gas. So I have been running higher grade gas and still the same problem. Was your service department able to remedy the knocking issue for you?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

any real solutions to all the above complaints i have a 2015 sierra denali 6.2 that at a red light shakes bad in seat only as day goes on in morning its fine once up to temperature the problem starts! Anyone have dealer put coil pacs or wires on it, can it be a torque converter? I'm at my whits end with this truck and about to trade for a toyota truck which is a shame love the truck when liberation starts hate the truck. gm corporate has been useless on this issue