Spark plugs? NGK? BOSH? e3?

Stuff like Splitfire and E3 are scams.

OEM Delcos use a platinum or iridium electrode to resist gap errosion and provide long service life, or you could go with equivalent NGK in platinum or iridium.

If multiple electrodes or any of the other gimmicks made a difference OEMs would be all over it.

But I never get it past 2500 rpm most days. I am having it tuned with volant cold air intake, egr delete, and deleting the cats

All you need is a tune.

The Volant air intake won't help with anything.

It's been proven through several tests that the OEM airbox is more than sufficient and performs better than the gimmicky aftermarket CAI's that actually pull warmer air from the engine bay. (there was a topic on this a while back if you want to search for it).

The restriction is in the airtube itself, get yourself an unrestricted AirAid tube and your set. Don't drop the coin on Volant, there are other things you can spend a few hundred dollars on that will actuall benefit your truck.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

All you need is a tune.

The Volant air intake won't help with anything.

It's been proven through several tests that the OEM airbox is more than sufficient and performs better than the gimmicky aftermarket CAI's that actually pull warmer air from the engine bay. (there was a topic on this a while back if you want to search for it).

The restriction is in the airtube itself, get yourself an unrestricted AirAid tube and your set. Don't drop the coin on Volant, there are other things you can spend a few hundred dollars on that will actuall benefit your truck.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

To the credit of Volant, their systems that have the Donaldson filter is great. Better filter. I live in a really dusty area and love that filter.

To the credit of Volant, their systems that have the Donaldson filter is great. Better filter. I live in a really dusty area and love that filter.

Glad it worked out for you. My truck did not like that giant cardboard bee hive looking blue filter.

I had a topic a while back about that Volant system, it was a nightmare. Spoke with Volant and they said they were aware of issues at the time but would not explain. They only offered replacement of the CAI. Been running factory airbox with AirAid tube since with an AEM dry filter and it's been perfect.

There have been many tests done by great companies showing that the OEM airbox works as good and better than most aftermarket CAI kits.....Pretty sure BBP had one posted on the forum.

Glad it worked out for you. My truck did not like that giant cardboard bee hive looking blue filter.

I had a topic a while back about that Volant system, it was a nightmare. Spoke with Volant and they said they were aware of issues at the time but would not explain. They only offered replacement of the CAI. Been running factory airbox with AirAid tube since with an AEM dry filter and it's been perfect.

There have been many tests done by great companies showing that the OEM airbox works as good and better than most aftermarket CAI kits.....Pretty sure BBP had one posted on the forum.

For smog it was easier to get a CAI rather than hunt down a stock system from a 2004 6.0 1500 with CA emissions

Archived