2017 Colorado...

newdude

Question

Was flipping through the 2017 GM VIN card information today. https://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/2017%20Vincard%20LDT%2012-22-15%20r1.2.pdf

Page 17 provided some good information on the ColoradoCanyon and their V6 engine (currently the LFX). Looks like for 2017 they get the LGZ 3.6 Gen 2 V6. LGZ would be based on the LGX which resides in the 2016 Camaro.

What could this mean for Colorado/Canyon? Obviously some more HP and torque, but, seeing that LGX now has AFM as one of its core features, there is potential for the twins to get it now.

And AFM.

No "Stop/Start" mentioned, but what's wrong with that, reliability?

IMO stop/start needs a bit more fine tuning in terms of smoothness and transition. Its still in the "some people notice it" vs. "I don't even know its there" phase. I also find it to be an ironic system. Shut the car off at a light to save gas, yet there is probably almost as much fuel used restarting that car vs. idling it for a bit at a light.

Was flipping through the 2017 GM VIN card information today. https://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/2017%20Vincard%20LDT%2012-22-15%20r1.2.pdf

Page 17 provided some good information on the ColoradoCanyon and their V6 engine (currently the LFX). Looks like for 2017 they get the LGZ 3.6 Gen 2 V6. LGZ would be based on the LGX which resides in the 2016 Camaro.

What could this mean for Colorado/Canyon? Obviously some more HP and torque, but, seeing that LGX now has AFM as one of its core features, there is potential for the twins to get it now.

2017 Colorado already , wow ! I would like to see more information on all the changes if any !!

With these new 8, 9, 10 etc speed transmissions I really don't see the need for AFM. The trucks barely used it now and they have 6 spd transmissions. How the hell will you ever see 4 cylinder mode when your in 9th gear unless your going down a huge hill with a tail wind. Talk about stupid.

DarylZ71.. you're right... I have a new 2017 3.6 liter 8 speed... I do see the 4 cyl. mode kick in from time to time.. but you almost have to be coasting to see it. If you are on a completely level road you will see the 4 cyl mode activate, but the SLIGHTEST application of throttle (and I mean slightest...) the V6 is back on.

It would be nice to have that feature user defined. For example if you did almost all highway miles you may want the 4 cyl mode to kick in sooner and stay on longer to maximize fuel.. If you do a fair amount of towing you might want the 4cyl mode to not come on at all. I"m sure it's just a slight software change that would handle the activation/deactivation.

I thought I answered this. the drive wheels has nothing to do with choosing the transmission. Its the Engine son that dictates the transmission.......

Yes, the Colorado will most likely get the 9speed......just so you know!

Archived