In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
newdude

2017 Colorado...

Question

Was flipping through the 2017 GM VIN card information today. https://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/2017%20Vincard%20LDT%2012-22-15%20r1.2.pdf

Page 17 provided some good information on the ColoradoCanyon and their V6 engine (currently the LFX). Looks like for 2017 they get the LGZ 3.6 Gen 2 V6. LGZ would be based on the LGX which resides in the 2016 Camaro.

What could this mean for Colorado/Canyon? Obviously some more HP and torque, but, seeing that LGX now has AFM as one of its core features, there is potential for the twins to get it now.

• Like 1

Probably Start/Stop too. No thanks.

• Like 1

Yep, way to ruin a perfectly good engine.

Was flipping through the 2017 GM VIN card information today. https://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/2017%20Vincard%20LDT%2012-22-15%20r1.2.pdf

Page 17 provided some good information on the ColoradoCanyon and their V6 engine (currently the LFX). Looks like for 2017 they get the LGZ 3.6 Gen 2 V6. LGZ would be based on the LGX which resides in the 2016 Camaro.

What could this mean for Colorado/Canyon? Obviously some more HP and torque, but, seeing that LGX now has AFM as one of its core features, there is potential for the twins to get it now.

2017 Colorado already , wow ! I would like to see more information on all the changes if any !!

If that is the case.....Stop/start is gay indeed but we will no choice and AFM on this new V6 is pretty good. Plus they can mate it to the new 9speed. So now we are talking Colorado V6 hitting that 30mpg?

And look people that will sell all day long.....A nice capable Truck not to small and not to big 30mpg's GASOLINE in HWY?

Wow GM has the segment to it's self!

With these new 8, 9, 10 etc speed transmissions I really don't see the need for AFM. The trucks barely used it now and they have 6 spd transmissions. How the hell will you ever see 4 cylinder mode when your in 9th gear unless your going down a huge hill with a tail wind. Talk about stupid.

Edited by Daryl Z71
  • Like 1

If that is the case.....Stop/start is gay indeed but we will no choice and AFM on this new V6 is pretty good. Plus they can mate it to the new 9speed. So now we are talking Colorado V6 hitting that 30mpg?

And look people that will sell all day long.....A nice capable Truck not to small and not to big 30mpg's GASOLINE in HWY?

Wow GM has the segment to it's self!

9 Speed is a front drive unit. GM has 8, 8 and 10 speed units for rear drive applications.

I thought I answered this. the drive wheels has nothing to do with choosing the transmission. Its the Engine son that dictates the transmission.......

Yes, the Colorado will most likely get the 9speed......just so you know!

I thought I answered this. the drive wheels has nothing to do with choosing the transmission. Its the Engine son that dictates the transmission.......

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/03/general-motors-will-introduce-10-speed-automatic-on-eight-vehicles-by-2018/

f311abd0da045ffc37e4486be89b1701.jpg

Edited by Daryl Z71

Are you new to GM? Sorry but it's going to get an 8 speed and then maybe a few years down the road might see the 10 speed eventually.

I have been informed? I still don't see the 8speed going into Colorado like I said and you claim it is? Maybe the 8L45 8speed but it will not be the 8L90. As for the 10 speed i never spoke on that matter. Engine still dictates transmission.......................

I have been informed? I still don't see the 8speed going into Colorado like I said and you claim it is? Maybe the 8L45 8speed but it will not be the 8L90. As for the 10 speed i never spoke on that matter. Engine still dictates transmission.......................

...no...

Driven wheels ABSOLUTELY dictates transmission. 10 speeds are for RWD/traditional 4WD applications. The 9 speed is a front wheel drive transaxle. Engines can be repurposed for installation in transverse or longitudinal applications with some engineering work, transaxles and transmissions are not flexible like that.

By your incorrect logic the 3.6 V6 couldn't be used as it is today- in both RWD applications and FWD applications. It's the tranny that changes.

Ok, I got it! I guess I am confused as to what they will do with the Colorado/Canyon? New 3.6 with 8L45 and then what about the Duramax?

well its official tad bit more hp and torque as well.

308 and 275 new V6 8 speed

And AFM.

No "Stop/Start" mentioned, but what's wrong with that, reliability?