Would it be possible to post some photos of how you interfaced it with your roll up tonneau? I have a similar one made by Access but it seems like the rear mount of the bar would interfere with the rail of the tonneau.

Used a Lund tonneau. The side plates of the rear mount are 1/8" thick.......just installed the side rails over them and used a piece of double sided foam to take up the slack in the balance of the rail against the bed cap. Cover support rails still fit in the channels, but if they did not I'd just shave 1/4" off each.

I just bought a sierra all terrain x and was able to install a revolver X2 tonneau cover. I had to modify the rails by notching to fit around the rear support but it came out looking really clean. I'll post some pictures later.

• Like 1

20160806_104033.jpg

20160806_104049.jpg

I put the rail under the forward mounts notched it for the rear mount. Just need to add a bead of silicone to seal it up

Edited by SF GMC
  • Like 3

I so want one of these for my Sierra but of course my wife thinks it's ugly.

Does GM make one for the Sierra?

2016 GMC Sierra Bed Mounted Sport Bar... 23387669

Logo says SIERRA instead of SILVERADO....they also make a smaller version for the COLORADO

Edited by Thomcat
  • Like 2

I so want one of these for my Sierra but of course my wife thinks it's ugly.

Does GM make one for the Sierra?

Heh, I suspect this is a common issue. My wife doesn't like the idea either. (Probably because I would also want a need different bed cover than my elite G4 (which I love by the way).

Just installed a Lund Genesis rollup cover.....the sports bar does not interfere with the mount........only change wasa installation of and extra 3/8" foam insulation to take up the difference where the bracket overlaps the side rail cap.

which lund model number did you end up going with ? even at LUND, they don't seem to know what sport bars are.

which lund model number did you end up going with ? even at LUND, they don't seem to know what sport bars are.

Lund 96093 Black Genesis Roll Up Tonneau Cover

Bought it at Amazon and there was a $50 rebate, prepaid credit card, at the time

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed a Lund Genesis rollup cover.....the sports bar does not interfere with the mount........only change wasa installation of and extra 3/8" foam insulation to take up the difference where the bracket overlaps the side rail cap.

Hey, just wondering which genesis cover you used on this? Was it the Genesis Snap Tonneau, The Elite Snap Tonneau, Regular Roll-up, Elite Roll-up, etc. ? Any help would be great, thanks.

Edit: Never mind, just saw the last post on here, sorry.

Edited by JeremyW426

I am back and forth on the sports bar myself. I think the chase racks style look pretty sweet as well. I saw one on the highway must have been custom) where it was a headache rack that had bars that ran from the top to the back of the tailgate. Thought it looked sweet, even if I never do it.