• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed out the old autolite plugs with the ACDelco and the autolites held on to the wires for dear life and ended up breaking 3 wires. Even though I used dielectric grease and only 2 weeks old they still wouldn't corporate. So one 8:00pm trip to the local Advance Auto, the truck starts better then it did when I bought it. Bought the factory wires. (11 inch replaced all 8) Also checked for fuel in the vacuum line on the regulatory and no fuel!!

• 2 weeks later...

May want to look into a fuel pressure regulator. It may be failing.

I removed the line and it didn't seem wet. Should I check right after shutting it down after running it? Also will it be dripping out or just wet? Has there been any known issues running a k&n fuel filter instead of AC delco. I replaced that at the same time I repaired my fuel lines. Which I've checked over and over again for leaks and have found none.

Shouldn't matter when you check it. If there isn't any fuel then you should be good there. Also I don't think there harm in using a K&N filter vs AC Delco. I personally used what was available at the local auto parts store to replace my fuel filter, Driveworks I believe it was.

It's just weird.. Ever since I changed that filter and fixed the fuel line it's not started on the first turn. I had only started it like twice before that so maybe it was like that before. I can hear the fuel pump running and see no fuel leaks. I need to get a fuel psi gauge and check it....

Archived