Used a GMT900 lower airbox... comes with a foam seal around it. You could just get some foam strips with 2 sided tape and stick it to the box.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

It really isn't.... Enjoy your clutch fans lol. It's nice having a truck that holds heat... has a/c that works in stop and go traffic and be with out that stupid thing dragging on the engine everywhere it can.

Would I find that at Lowe's?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah your stock airbox has foam on it so you can see what you will be looking for. Basically some form of foam weatherstripping

Yea I think I've seen it before at Lowe's. I modified my fender yesterday to open up the two holes to match the air box, but I'm looking to just open it up all the way. I didn't want to do that until I got something to seal the gap though.

• 1 month later...

I replaced my spark plugs with auto lite iridium XP and gapped them at .60 (what the owners manual says). I also cleaned the air filter. I am now getting worse MPG before I was getting 10.5MPG and now I get 9.1MPG. I read somewhere that GM changed the gap to .40 and that the .60 is wrong. I also say that you are not suppose to gap iridium plugs. The truck also has a hard time starting and when starting sounds like it's knocking and misfiring but once the rpm comes up its fine. Any suggestion on what to do?

I replaced my spark plugs with auto lite iridium XP and gapped them at .60 (what the owners manual says). I also cleaned the air filter. I am now getting worse MPG before I was getting 10.5MPG and now I get 9.1MPG. I read somewhere that GM changed the gap to .40 and that the .60 is wrong. I also say that you are not suppose to gap iridium plugs. The truck also has a hard time starting and when starting sounds like it's knocking and misfiring but once the rpm comes up its fine. Any suggestion on what to do?

Go back to AC Delco plugs and ensure they are pregapped at .040".

So the factory sticker that states .060 has changed to .040 like the older vehicles. Maybe I should of read more before I put my new ngks in. I guess I'll have to try rwgapping them to see if I can get my 11.5 mpg up some more.

Is the truck completely void of any necessary maintenance? No leaks, bad bushings, joints, seals, etc?

yes as far as I know every thing is up to date there is a slight power steering leak and possible a very small coolent leak. I attached a video of the truck starting, the problem is it cranks for a while then starts this clip is not bad. About 30 mins before this it wouldn't start I had to stop cranking then start again and it still did it but finally started. Never did this before the new plugs

trim.7F7E06E4-534F-4725-A2D2-F895D49A00BE.MOV

Archived