• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you probably won't be able to return the plugs, yes I would carefully regap and see if it helps.

just bit the bullet and bought some ACDELCO plugs (part number 41-962). They have a mail in rebate going on now so it was only 4.50 a plug after the rebate. Hopefully this will solve my problems. They are the platinum plugs.

just bit the bullet and bought some ACDELCO plugs (part number 41-962). They have a mail in rebate going on now so it was only 4.50 a plug after the rebate. Hopefully this will solve my problems. They are the platinum plugs.

That's exactly what I did to mine. My truck runs great. I also had to do the wires as they were old and at least 3 of them were broken at the plug end.

That's exactly what I did to mine. My truck runs great. I also had to do the wires as they were old and at least 3 of them were broken at the plug end.

How do I determine what coils I have on the rock auto website it says for coil packs with blank numbers use these wires but on my coils I don't have any numbers visible. I understand that there are two lengths of wires.

Finally was able to pull it up... I used the 9748HH plug wires. They are 11" each and about $10 cheaper vs the 9478GG at 9" each

I am going to install the new plug tomorrow when they arrive and hope that solves my problem. The next thing to do is wires and fuel filter. (Original filter that is rusted on)

Mines been taking longer to fire since I replaced the fuel filter with a k&n one and replaced the length of line from the plastic line to the filter and then from the filter up by the abs module. I have no fuel leaks and don't think I can go any tighter with any of the fittings without breaking another one.

How do I determine what coils I have on the rock auto website it says for coil packs with blank numbers use these wires but on my coils I don't have any numbers visible. I understand that there are two lengths of wires.

The number should be stamped on atleast one of the coils. I'll see if I can get a picture of mine.

Mines been taking longer to fire since I replaced the fuel filter with a k&n one and replaced the length of line from the plastic line to the filter and then from the filter up by the abs module. I have no fuel leaks and don't think I can go any tighter with any of the fittings without breaking another one.

May want to look into a fuel pressure regulator. It may be failing.

Archived