• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told when I bought my truck that the fuel pressure regulator is bad. What are the symptoms of it going bad?

If I recall it was '03 when GM switched to an in tank regulator so I'm not sure how to test other then hooking up a gauge. However, if the regulator is still on the top, driver side of your engine, see my last post.

This video may help out as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peh7-pFycyc

If I recall it was '03 when GM switched to an in tank regulator so I'm not sure how to test other then hooking up a gauge. However, if the regulator is still on the top, driver side of your engine, see my last post.

My regulator is on top of the motor. I will give it a shot when I change the plugs out. Should the motor be running or not?

post-148629-0-28144800-1461760169_thumb.jpeg

Really easy then, pull that hose off the top of the regulator and see if you there is any fuel in the hose. If there is fuel, you need to replace the regulator. Sometime I will have to remember to check mine.

ok should the engine be running, warm, cold or off?

Blackbearperfromance.com Nothing will help more, huge improvement

Or any other half ways competent tuner who uses HP or EFILIVE which there happens to be plenty of...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peh7-pFycyc

04 is when a returnless system was implemented and removed the on rail regulator

Are you guys buying autocals or sending your ecms in? I just don't know if 30 HP is worth $600 or so. On a diesel 200hp could be had for around the same cost... Is the driveability worth it that much more over canned tunes? I mean I can get an SCT x4 with a custom tune for $399. It also has a built in monitor too...

<p>I just read that the crank sensor relearn can be performed with efi live or hp tuners. I don't think canned tuners can accomplish that. Can the relearn be performed with just an auto Cal? </p>

Are you guys buying autocals or sending your ecms in? I just don't know if 30 HP is worth $600 or so. On a diesel 200hp could be had for around the same cost... Is the driveability worth it that much more over canned tunes? I mean I can get an SCT x4 with a custom tune for $399. It also has a built in monitor too...

Autocal. And autocal can do a crank relearn with assistance of a laptop

Archived