New OPT7 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs

Yeah please show us the dust cover. I want these but not sure how to fit everything in. Did you get the CANBUS module or no? Looks like you got projectors like me. Which is awesome because everyone I've heard of has regular headlights LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see what you did for the dust cap if you get a chance

This is all I did. Just drilled a hole so it could get some air. Thought about putting a small piece of foam over the hole to act as a filter. Decided against that as heat sync gets really hot. That's the reason you need a fan to cool the bulbs. Don't need a fire under the hood of my truck.

20160624_055149_zpsth8s9xc0.jpg

This is all I did. Just drilled a hole so it could get some air. Thought about putting a small piece of foam over the hole to act as a filter. Decided against that as heat sync gets really hot. That's the reason you need a fan to cool the bulbs. Don't need a fire under the hood of my truck.

Judging by that I assume you mounted everything outside the housing and the only wires going into the dust cap are the wires to LED and wires that go to factory light plug inside the housing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me ask you .... tht hole being left uncovered is there any risk for moisture if its left open?

What i essentially want is to really get the wires out of the dust cap. I think the fans will be fine but it would def prob help of there was circulated air. But yeah def want to get the wires out

So let me ask you .... tht hole being left uncovered is there any risk for moisture if its left open?

What i essentially want is to really get the wires out of the dust cap. I think the fans will be fine but it would def prob help of there was circulated air. But yeah def want to get the wires out

You need at least a 1" hole to get the wires out. There's no chance of moisture inside the projectors as the bulb seals that up.

It could get inside the housing around the projectors.

Just drove in the rain all day today. I see no moisture in my housing.

07c81658fdd41c7d65cb3b7fb2d29370.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it does get wet you can always undo this modification.

Oh ok. I have reflectors not sure if the bulb seals up the inside or not. Looking head on at the light i dont see any space but its def something im looking into modding just to get some air in n out

Scruggs, do you have projectors or just the regular headlights? looks like you have the non projector type in the pic but really cant tell..

They are just the regular headlights. Still bright though.

Did any one have any problems with the H11 connectors for OPT7.

I noticed that the polarity switcher cable was very lose when connecting to the factory harness, and there is enough play in the spacing where the locking clip is to become un-plugged during operation.

I think I can fix it by using zip tie or some thing but wanted to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Sorry for getting back to you so late. YES, I used a zip tie to keep them connected because they were so loose. No problems so far; had them installed for a couple months now.

Ok thanks. I have a 2015 Sierra so I'll need a kit for that. The 6k color worries me a bit and as you said, wishes they weren't as blue. But happy eh?! Any problems with oncoming traffic?

Sent from my iPhone

They could be a little more white... but I'm happy for sure lol. The oncoming traffic on the other hand??? Not so much! I usually get flashed on rural roads, but occasionally in town as wll.

• 3 weeks later...

GMC or Chevy? Want this output ....

Sent from my iPhone

Chevy reflector .. i need to adjust the light so the beam isnt pointed like to the center of my lane. You can see there isnt much light output for the sides of the road Edited by quise2024
  • Like 1

Installing a dash cam after work today ill have a better night shot. I tried using my camera and my phone again and both automatically brightened the photo. I tried video as well with my camera but this then darkened the video lol so yeah we shall see what the dash cam shows.