New OPT7 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs

Links don't work??

Either the BPS Performance or OPT7 are easy plug n play solutions to improve the lighting from what I've seen so far.

Edited by Shredzy

Did any one have any problems with the H11 connectors for OPT7.

I noticed that the polarity switcher cable was very lose when connecting to the factory harness, and there is enough play in the spacing where the locking clip is to become un-plugged during operation.

I think I can fix it by using zip tie or some thing but wanted to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I just got my set and they didn't fit. It would not go on the connector for headlights. I think they sent me the wrong kit. I ordered an H11 but the connector is way to large to fit into the trucks light socket. The box isn't marked to what kit this is.

Disappointed because today was my day to swap out all of the lights to LED. Got everything done except the headlights.

[emoji35]

Have been reading through several other threads that are over hundred pages long, as well as this entire one, and I have to agree with the general consensus that the lights suck, which is disappointing as I just bought a new '16 Silverado 1500 in March. Looking at all the info across the forum here, I'm still a little lost about what my options are. I have the LT Z71 with projector HIDs. Are my only options getting different bulbs? Will an LED conversion kit work with the stock projector HIDs? The Opt7 site isn't much help since you have to manually type in your vehicle make and model, which seems really dumb and counter-intuitive.

Any help is appreciated and I apologize for anything I may have asked that's been repetitive.

I installed the Morimoto elite HID system for my low beams and I put the opt7 leds in for my high beams and I am happy with them! in the high beam projector they throw light much better than my old stock ones.

Have been reading through several other threads that are over hundred pages long, as well as this entire one, and I have to agree with the general consensus that the lights suck, which is disappointing as I just bought a new '16 Silverado 1500 in March. Looking at all the info across the forum here, I'm still a little lost about what my options are. I have the LT Z71 with projector HIDs. Are my only options getting different bulbs? Will an LED conversion kit work with the stock projector HIDs? The Opt7 site isn't much help since you have to manually type in your vehicle make and model, which seems really dumb and counter-intuitive.

Any help is appreciated and I apologize for anything I may have asked that's been repetitive.

Your 2016 Silverado lights are that bad?

Thought the lighting on the '16 Silverados AND Sierras were much improved from what I've been reading.

If all I did was drive on an entirely level road, sure, but the minute there's a dip in the road, a sizable bump, or a hill, they suck. The light doesn't seem to project high enough. I can see a reflection from them on road signs well in the distance, but they barely make it out more than 50 yards. Couple that with rain and oncoming traffic, they're terrible. The standard halogens in my '06 Dakota did a better job. The high beams on this thing are AMAZING with light being thrown everywhere, but I obviously can't drive around with them on all the time.

I ordered some opt7 cree 5202 fogs and they came in today. Man, what a pain to fit. They did not want to squeeze in there at all. I think the top is latched, but not the bottom. They look good color wise, but hopefully they'll stay in the fog housing.

Edit - I went out at night and the output sucks. Might as well hold a candle in my hand. I did buy them to match my HID color, so I can't complain too much.

Edited by cbrsilv15

HID output trumps LED output. If your truck already has HID projectors, only thing you should do is change to a CBI bulb.

Guess I just need to find some H11 CBI bulbs then and see how they compare. If they're the same wattage as the stock ones, what's the real difference, if anything? Or should I look for something with a higher wattage specifically?

Seems like all I can find for H11 CBIs are a set of Osram 55w 4200K.

Edited by ChrisTronyxYocum

Oh man that was easy!! Love plug in play solutions. Got another OPT7 kit and it went in no problems. The connector was the right size this time. Changed everything over in 20 minutes. No error codes or anything can't wait to see it at night.

20160623_191936_zpseii1jpmr.jpg

I did put the dust covers back on after drilling a 1" hole in the back.

20160623_192015_zpsxhv4mnut.jpg

Looks good to go! Can't wait to see it at night.

Next up LED light bar behind the grill!!

Edited by Smoothbassman
  • Like 1

Oh man that was easy!! Love plug in play solutions. Got another OPT7 kit and it went in no problems. The connector was the right size this time. Changed everything over in 20 minutes. No error codes or anything can't wait to see it at night.

20160623_191936_zpseii1jpmr.jpg

I did put the dust covers back on after drilling a 1" hole in the back.

20160623_192015_zpsxhv4mnut.jpg

Looks good to go! Can't wait to see it at night.

Next up LED light bar behind the grill!!

Would love to see what you did for the dust cap if you get a chance