New OPT7 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs

Finally installed the Opt7 6k LEDs. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys providing some valuable info for choice of LEDs and installation. These things are BRIGHT... I wish the H11 were in 5k for just a little less blue tinge in the light, but overall I am pleased.

post-154049-0-04765800-1461757509_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Finally installed the Opt7 6k LEDs. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys providing some valuable info for choice of LEDs and installation. These things are BRIGHT... I wish the H11 were in 5k for just a little less blue tinge in the light, but overall I am pleased.

Looking good!

Glad we could help! I love my lights but I agree a 5k would have looked a little cleaner. All in all they are awesome though!

These? OPT7 Boltzen AC CANbus HID Kit • 5x Brighter - 6x Longer Life - All Colors and Sizes • Simple DIY Install - 2 Yr Warranty - Bulbs and Ballasts [9012 - 5K Pure White Xenon Light] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UIVFOWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_R-vixb7B2FR84

Edited by Aaron1085

I'm not sure how you guys oriented all of the wiring and the controllers. I read previously that someone stuffed all of it behind the dust cap and sealed it in. I was a little concerned about heat exposure to the controller and the wiring, so I do a little DIY. I drilled a hole in the dust cap and ran the controller/wiring through the dust cap, and used double sided tape to stick the controller to the sidewall of the engine bay. There were already wires running through some tracks along the side wall, so I ran the excess through the pre-existing tracks for neatness, then ran it back into the dust cap which connected to the factory harness. To eliminate the giant hole in the dust cap, I sealed it back with a rubber grommet. I cut a slit to the center of the grommet to allow the wires to run through. Here is pic of the drivers side low beam dust cap

post-154049-0-27866000-1461935744_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did any one have any problems with the H11 connectors for OPT7.

I noticed that the polarity switcher cable was very lose when connecting to the factory harness, and there is enough play in the spacing where the locking clip is to become un-plugged during operation.

I think I can fix it by using zip tie or some thing but wanted to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Scruggs, do you have projectors or just the regular headlights? looks like you have the non projector type in the pic but really cant tell..

Ok thanks. I have a 2015 Sierra so I'll need a kit for that. The 6k color worries me a bit and as you said, wishes they weren't as blue. But happy eh?! Any problems with oncoming traffic?

Sent from my iPhone

Just wanted to let you guys know there's already a thread on these lights if you want to grab any additional info about them.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174027-opt7-led-lights/page-1

I have them myself and am happy with the output. My initial install i needed to adjust the beam because they were ointed rather high. I never got around to it but after about a month one of the drivers failed so i had to go back to my stock bulbs. Opt sent me a replacement driver for free. I never installed them back in until around early last month, so far theyre just as good as the first time.

My only thing I need to know is how to aim these damn lights left and right. No one can answer this yet tutorials keep stating that you, but they never show how.

Pretty interested in these for my 14 Sierra. Do people like the HIDs from them more or the LED? Also, is there any other way to connect these other than cutting into the dust caps and using a grommet, I feel like heat shouldn't be too much of an issue since if it's the LED they put off less heat. Just curious

Mark

Pretty interested in these for my 14 Sierra. Do people like the HIDs from them more or the LED? Also, is there any other way to connect these other than cutting into the dust caps and using a grommet, I feel like heat shouldn't be too much of an issue since if it's the LED they put off less heat. Just curious

Mark

What do u mean cutting into the dust cap?

As far as letting the fan in the light circulate fresh air or running wire through it. I also just reread the whole thread and found it won't fit my Sierra although it says it would on Amazon. Forgot the lights are different

As far as letting the fan in the light circulate fresh air or running wife through it. I also just reread the whole thread and found it won't fit my Sierra although it says it would on Amazon. Forgot the lights are different Edited by upgradde

upgradde,

OPT7 recommends using the 9006 Fluxbeam LED in the Sierra (if you want the LED).

http://www.opt-7.com/fluxbeam-led-headlights/

They recommended to me to drill venting holes in the dust covers.

I've also contacted BPS Performance about their LED light kits for the Sierra, a 9012 kit is available from them in 2 different LED styles, one with a heat sinc, G7, the other using fans-G8.

They said no modification to the dust caps would be necessary.

http://www.bpsperformance.com/#!led-kit/c731

If you haven't seen or read the info posted on the following thread, may be worth a look.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156233-halogen-led-headlight-bulb-upgrades/page-48