LED Reverse/ Backup lights in rear bumper step cavity?

im broke but if everyone want to pool some money and get the rigid lights for me i will gladly make a step bye step video with my GOPRO of installation and wiring into reverse lights and a secondary switch in the cab. just thought i would throw it out there :D

Soooooo you're broke, but have a GoPro.. How about this, Send me the GoPro and I'll buy the lights and do the video.. :D

• Like 3

im broke but if everyone want to pool some money and get the rigid lights for me i will gladly make a step bye step video with my GOPRO of installation and wiring into reverse lights and a secondary switch in the cab. just thought i would throw it out there :D

While the Rigids are great if money is tight why not go with some of these?:

https://www.oznium.com/led-bolt

I put them in my bumper steps facing down just to light up the step (not as reverse lights) but they are plenty bright and work great!

Edited by sk

Soooooo you're broke, but have a GoPro.. How about this, Send me the GoPro and I'll buy the lights and do the video.. :D

lol iv had the gopro for over a year and I'm not poor just tight on money this month . it was meant to be a joke buddy relax

I put them in my bumper steps facing down just to light up the step (not as reverse lights) but they are plenty bright and work great!

i saw that setup i like it i was gonna do that setup but saw the rigids I'm gonna wait a little bit and get the rides

lol iv had the gopro for over a year and I'm not poor just tight on money this month . it was meant to be a joke buddy relax

As my comment was a joke and from the tone of you reply you didn't take it that way... maybe you should relax... buddy.

I installed 1 led light in each bumper step. I drilled a hole in the center of the step toward the top. Right behind your hitch are a bunch of wires and plugs. I connected both wires to one of the wires that works with the cargo lights and grounded out the others. I forgot which one it was but ill look tomorrow. It works perfect. Never had a problem. I added some pictures below.

attachicon.gif20161014_192431.jpg

attachicon.gif20161014_192353.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161014-191544.png

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Old thread. But im just wondering if you could post a night shot out the back of the truck etc? How much light do they throw out from the truck. I like the look and idea of these little lights. Instead of the larger Rigid ones like in later posts. Thanks for the help!!

• Like 1

I really like those rigid lights. those might be a down the road addition to the truck. I add these led light strip steps to my truck. I like them. They do running light brake light, blinker, and have white reveres light. They do add a good bit of light for reverse. they are only $65 too. They fit kinda funny because of the led strip, the edge sticks out more than factory, but i like them. Installation was a pain in the ass because of what you have to unbolt, and i have giant hands so can not reach in the back of the step. But just another alternative to lights back there.

https://www.realtruck.com/anzo-led-rear-bumper-step-lights/R183937P2014Y856MA.html

• 1 month later...

Well finally got around to installing mine but I used self tapping screws as I would have never of gotten my hands in there even with needle-nosed pliers.

BA4dboX.jpg

V9YZezC.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all the have contributed to this thread. I just finished installing these lights and pictures do them no justice. I can't believe the amount of lights these little things put out. Anyway, for the people that are on the fence about purchasing these lights...... DO IT, you will not regret it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you wire these to? The cargo lights/bed lights?

Where did you wire these to? The cargo lights/bed lights?

That's exactly where I wired them. If you have the factory LED bed lights you don't even have to run the wires very far -- the factory wires are right near the bumper and spare tire.

I wasn't looking for extra reverse lights I just wanted something to light up the bumper steps when I needed to use them. Since it's usually when I get in and out of the bed I just wired them to the cargo lights and mounted the bullet lights in the top of the bumper step facing down. Now when I want to get into the bed at night I turn on the cargo light switch and the bumper steps light up at the same time. During the day you don't see the LED bezels since they are mounted in the top of the bumper cavity.

Edited by sk
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

0f4003bfaa8a5211924b0da515d100c7.jpg32249b92a622d05e05ffa13450190274.jpg

I finally got this install done last weekend. It took me a few hours but I absolutely love it and how much light it throws out! I tapped into the reverse lights because it seemed a little bit easier. If you are thinking about doing this modification I highly recommend that you do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3