Replaced Engine, will crank, won't start

I have a 2005 Sierra 2500HD, 6.0,4L80E, 4X4. The bottom end of the motor was making alot of noise after 165,000 miles. I decided to replace the motor, rebuild the transmission and transfer case.

Got it all out, and all the new stuff put in. Went well for the most part. Replaced almost all the sensors, knock, oil level, crank,oil temp, engine temp,cam, etc. used genuine gm parts. Even ordered a new gm intake.

Problem: She cranks, but I have no spark. Lights and buzzers inside work, everything seems to work, no issues.

No security light on. Double checked grounds. (possible I have the wrong location??), checked all the fuses, Brand new battery.

I have fuel pressure, going to put a gauge on this morning to see how much. (not that it will help with no spark.)

Any Ideas? I'm at my wits end.

(tried kicking the tires, didn't help)

I've been coming to this website for some time, and can usually find the answers or ideas without having to ask.

I was having electrical/ground issue, and needed someone else to point out the obvious to me.

Not sure Grumpy how you knew that schematic was the one to send, but it was. I knew I only had one ground wire on that connection to the block.

Ground 102 wire had positioned itself to look like it was connected to something. Pulled on it...and... Viola'!! there was my missing ground.

Fired right up.

Can't thank you enough!! Hope you have a great weekend.!!!

I appreciate all of you in all these posts. If you take the time, you can usually find what you're looking for.

I've been coming to this website for some time, and can usually find the answers or ideas without having to ask.

I was having electrical/ground issue, and needed someone else to point out the obvious to me.

Not sure Grumpy how you knew that schematic was the one to send, but it was. I knew I only had one ground wire on that connection to the block.

Ground 102 wire had positioned itself to look like it was connected to something. Pulled on it...and... Viola'!! there was my missing ground.

Fired right up.

Can't thank you enough!! Hope you have a great weekend.!!!

I appreciate all of you in all these posts. If you take the time, you can usually find what you're looking for.

Did you say any cuss words after you found it? haha. I had a weed wacker one time I was trying to start after removing the plug several times pulling to pull cord half a million times and later after sweating a gallon of sweat to find this one had a on-off switch the other ones had a kill button flipped the switch to on and it fired up with a half pull, man did I cuss myself out. hahaha.

Glad I could help, had a feeling it was a ground from what you wrote, I started googling schematics and found that one. I've had many of times where all I needed was to step back and look at it from another angle!! I wear steel toe boots these days lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived