Light Mod- Light Bar and Camper Light

I just wanted to share my light mods I did over the weekend. I used many of your for advice and looking at old threads, so thought I would share the results...for reference, I am one of those guys that doesn't have a ton of tools, so when I get knee deep in a project, I usually don't have all the tools, which makes the jobs a little frustrating (I know what I want to do, but can't because of the resources I have) hope that makes sense.

having said that, these two projects went pretty well...and an amateur (like me) could do them.

First Camper lights:

i tapped into the power wire for my dome light, I got the string lights with remote and color changing from Amazon (around $20). I then glued the lights to a velcro hooks strip and let dry...once they were dry, I hung them around the top. *note, that the glue didn't stick for crap, so I ended up having to use little strips of velcro to hold the lights up from sagging.

pics are of the remote and relay box, I put velcro on both so they wont move around when driving.

med_gallery_162426_4728_47216.jpg

lights wrapped around camper shell (note that the pics look purple, but they are on 'white' setting)...

gallery_162426_4728_133568.jpg

and the left over light, I kept wrapping around to the back near the hinge...

gallery_162426_4728_7993.jpg

LIGHT BAR

I also got this light bar, wiring harness and switch with wireless remote as a package deal on amazon (under $40). i also got the split wire conduit from lowes to help protect the wires...I believe that it is well worth it and helps maintain the factory look without having a bunch of wires all over your engine compartment.

first pic is where i zip tied the wire and fed it down to the light bar

gallery_162426_4728_473668.jpg

second pic is where i mounted the relay switch...i just used the bottom side of the plastic plug

gallery_162426_4728_622172.jpg

next pic is just showing how indiscreet the wiring is, how I zip tied it to the other wiring harness

gallery_162426_4728_512745.jpg

more wiring (it had PLENTY of wire to I had to loop it around a bit

gallery_162426_4728_567210.jpg

this is a pic of the remote sensor box and the lead to the hard wired switch

gallery_162426_4728_554606.jpg

and finally the switch...this is where i am 'meh' about it...I wasn't originally going to do the hard switch, but thought after the fact...it isnt the cleanest, nor the best...but it is the easiest and gets the job done...

gallery_162426_4728_85697.jpg

I hope these pics are as helpful to someone as this forum has been to me...I will be happy to post links of the stuff I bought if anyone was interested and answer any questions...again, I'm not saying my way is the best way, but I am happy with the way it turned out...but I didn't do anything crazy...enjoy!

Looks good. Nice clean job on the wiring. We need a picture of the installed light bar! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! here is the light bar...i would probably take a pic with it off so you can see it better...but it is slightly recessed in the Iron Cross bumper...

gallery_162426_4728_2187565.jpg

You should feed that door wire through one of the door grommets and inside the backside of the dash.

Then pull it through the dash, wouldn't have any exposed wiring and would look factory.

Light bar looks really good though

You should feed that door wire through one of the door grommets and inside the backside of the dash.

Then pull it through the dash, wouldn't have any exposed wiring and would look factory.

Light bar looks really good though

this particular switch doesn't have enough wire for that...it is pretty much maxed out...funny, because the wiring harness has more than enough wire for my needs...ironic I think...

here it is with the light off...filthy truck..

gallery_162426_4728_1610058.jpg

You should get a picture at night with all of the lights lit up together.

High beams with the fogs on diode mod too. I imagine you'd light up the damn neighborhood.

You should get a picture at night with all of the lights lit up together.

High beams with the fogs on diode mod too. I imagine you'd light up the damn neighborhood.

they are pretty bright! here is a pic...not as cool as I had in my head...but you can get the gist...

gallery_162426_4728_1419156.jpg

this particular switch doesn't have enough wire for that...it is pretty much maxed out...funny, because the wiring harness has more than enough wire for my needs...ironic I think...

I would probably extend that wire then. Would be better in the long run. Probably won't be an issue but better to be safe!

The light looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived