Gator Evo Bifold Tonneau - any opinions?

Does anyone here have the Gator Evo bifold tonneau? I'm looking for a tonneau that will fold all the way up for access to the entire bed, mainly for access to a below-rail mounted toolbox. Hard to tell if it would provide enough clearance. Don't have much experience with tonneaus, but thinking about putting one on this truck.

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/shop-by-vehicle/chevy/silverado-1500/2014-2016/5-8-bed/gator-evo-tonneau-cover-gc15018.html

Personally I wouldn’t want anything you need to remove to use the whole bed. Went with a soft roll roll up for that reason.

They seem like the cheap option, but they are very functional.

only one I think I’d prefer over the soft roll up is the bakflip, but even that has a downside, you can’t see out the rear window when it’s folded up.

Is the toolbox going to be mounted at the front of the bed?  Go rollup if so.  Even a tri-fold would block access to the box if its a big one.  The ones GM does are really nice quality, and the rails for it mount on top of the box rails, which would allow plenty of room for a toolbox lid to open.  Some of the hidden/low profile roll up covers take up about an inch on each side of the box, which may prevent a toolbox lid from opening.   

Here's a pic of the box in my old truck. It's a smaller box, made for an S-10 or something small like that. Sits below the rails and off of the sides. I'm thinking it would work with the cover flipped up, because it sits pretty low. I need to sit it in the back of my truck and see where the lid sits when it's open.

10538474_10100164046387214_1521778411403946200_n.jpg

If you want the lid opened all the way, a tri-fold I don't even think would clear that.   How deep (front to rear) is the box? 

The Bi-Fold in your first post looks like it would cover that box entirely.  You'd be able to crack the lid up into it. 

3 hours ago, newdude said:

If you want the lid opened all the way, a tri-fold I don't even think would clear that.   How deep (front to rear) is the box? 

The Bi-Fold in your first post looks like it would cover that box entirely.  You'd be able to crack the lid up into it. 

I think it would open OK, box is about 18" - 2' or so deep. That lip looks like it only sticks out a few inches

Screenshot_20171226-202547.jpg

Archived