iPhone X Audio Issues on 2014 GMC Sierra

briand41

The music sounds great as usual, but the connected party is complaining of my audio (crackling, raspy, choppy) when calling via my Apple iPhone X and connected to bluetooth.  I didn't have this issue with my previous phone and other devices don't seem to have the same experience.  Has anyone else experienced this with a new phone?

I have not had that specific issue. Maybe check with the dealership to see if there are updates to the Bluetooth in the truck, although they will likely charge you for performing the work as your truck is likely out of warranty.

You could also check to be certain that the iPhone is on the latest iOS (currently 11.2.5), and you could completely remove the connection on both sides and re-sync the phone to the truck.

I haven’t had that specific problem in my 14 however I did notice a change with my iPhone X versus my old phone. While streaming music through Bluetooth it occasionally cuts out randomly. Usually does it once or twice then stops but it’s completely random. Maybe this new phone has a newer Bluetooth that isn’t completely compatible with that year? 

What version of iOS? I'm betting that GM isn't going to "support" the iPhone X until sometime in 2020 - supported phones are almost ALWAYS at least a full year old, and the X is "different enough" that they'll need time to test everything.

I believe that I had read that iOS 11.2.1 had some issues with BT where the other party had difficulty hearing you and it was addressed in 11.2.5.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:44 AM, ember1205 said:

I have not had that specific issue. Maybe check with the dealership to see if there are updates to the Bluetooth in the truck, although they will likely charge you for performing the work as your truck is likely out of warranty.

You could also check to be certain that the iPhone is on the latest iOS (currently 11.2.5), and you could completely remove the connection on both sides and re-sync the phone to the truck.

I tried removing / repairing the device but still the same isssue.  I’m on 11.2.5 - hopefully it will get addressed soon.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:12 AM, EChavez said:

I haven’t had that specific problem in my 14 however I did notice a change with my iPhone X versus my old phone. While streaming music through Bluetooth it occasionally cuts out randomly. Usually does it once or twice then stops but it’s completely random. Maybe this new phone has a newer Bluetooth that isn’t completely compatible with that year? 

Yes, I have definitely noticed the skipping of audio during playback.  I originally though it was a buffering error, but now that you’ve mentioned it I can definitely relate.

Archived