What should I use on door seals?

Getting tired of the micro squeaks coming from the door seals. Most prevalent going slow across a drive, parking lot or bumpy dirt road at any speed.

What is the recommendation? Anyone have good luck with any type of spray?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Getting tired of the micro squeaks coming from the door seals. Most prevalent going slow across a drive, parking lot or bumpy dirt road at any speed.
What is the recommendation? Anyone have good luck with any type of spray?

Silicone spray.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've always used dielectric grease on my seals.  I haven't done this truck yet though.  I smear it on heavy, wait about twenty minutes and wipe off the excess.  I've done this just a few times over the last 18 years on my 2000 Camaro SS and even the T-tops don't leak or squeak.

Edited by Mike GMC
  • Like 1

I've always used dielectric grease on my seals.  I haven't done this truck yet though.  I smear it on heavy, wait about twenty minutes and wipe off the excess.  I've done this just a few times over the last 18 years on my 2000 Camaro SS and even the T-tops don't leak or squeak.
I bet you could use the silicone grease for brake caliper slide pins too. Never thought about dielectric, thanks!

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

I don't think the seals should be squeaking and any kind of wet lubricant will just attract more grit making the problem worse over time. I used to work for Hutchinson. They did gasketing for Chrysler vehicle lines. The amount of engineering and materials tech that goes into simple door gaskets would amaze you. Squeaking is one of the primary design concerns along with leaking.

Make sure the gasket and the mating surface it contacts is clean using warm water and dish soap. It may be squeaking cause it is already contaminated. Of course if you made a monster truck and are twisting the frame a lot rock crawling that is a bit outside of the original design parameters.

Edited by Pearl2017

Dielectric grease is what has always been used in the past and it works perfectly. I light coat worked in, then wiped clean is all you need. If I remember on my old Sierra thats what GM even called for.?

I bought it (2015 Silverado) with 19,000 miles so it's possible someone used something on it that they shouldn't have. That said I attribute it to stiff shocks and these 20" wheels and lower profile tires that don't soak up the road imperfections. That and the stiffer frames we have now.
I run my tires ( not a LT ) at 30-32 psi which helps a little.
The Bilsteins seem to exaggerate every tiny bump..I get I could paint a line over the road and feel it through the truck.
Thanks all.

Find a good cleaner that is safe to use that doesn't dry out rubber. Clean it good then apply anything mentioned already (I used dielectric grease on my beater) let it "soak" then wipe clean

Make sure the latches are lubed as well.     A lot of plastic parts in there.    I had a squeak coming from the back of the crew cab it took me quite awhile to figure out and that's what it turned out to be.   it would only happen if you hit bumps a certain way.