2017 Silverado eassist aftermarket Muffler

Hi, I'm new to this form so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I have a 2017 Silverado with a 5.3 L V8 that also has eassist. I was looking in to different types of Mufflers I could get and I really like the Super 40 with dual output, but when I went to a Midas, they said that since my truck has a hybrid option installed that an aftermarket exhaust would sound horrible and not a big difference in sound volume. I was told that the Super 40 from Flowmaster would not be too loud but also not too soft. Has anyone tried a different muffler on a S

Eassist Silverado before? And does a Super 40 sound too loud or just right? Something that would turn heads when your next to someone but not turn heads blocks away. Thanks!

I'd recommend the muffler shop is a bunch of idiots. All eassist entails, is an alternator that can apply power back and a battery for this... The rest of the motor and everything is the same as a regular 5.3. it's not like your running a turbo4 or v6

Are there times it may be running in v4? You bet, but I can promise you every time you punch it, the engine will still kick over to V8. In v4 it won't sound like a V8, so don't get too agressive on the exhaust. Or just turn off AFM.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you all! 

12 minutes ago, newdude said:

Flowmaster will drone.  Go Corsa or Borla catback. 

What models would you recommend since the truck goes into v4 mode sometimes?

8 minutes ago, Huntere said:

Thank you all! 

What models would you recommend since the truck goes into v4 mode sometimes?

Corsa either the touring (quieter) or sport (aggressive).  Borla you can go with the GM Borla that has the flapper valve in just like the factory exhaust. 

Hi, I'm new to this form so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I have a 2017 Silverado with a 5.3 L V8 that also has eassist. I was looking in to different types of Mufflers I could get and I really like the Super 40 with dual output, but when I went to a Midas, they said that since my truck has a hybrid option installed that an aftermarket exhaust would sound horrible and not a big difference in sound volume. I was told that the Super 40 from Flowmaster would not be too loud but also not too soft. Has anyone tried a different muffler on a S
Eassist Silverado before? And does a Super 40 sound too loud or just right? Something that would turn heads when your next to someone but not turn heads blocks away. Thanks!

Hello I went with the Borla Touring sounded good but was not loud enough for me so I got the Borla S-type I love it great sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/7/2018 at 7:25 PM, SuperAllTerrain said:

Hello I went with the Borla Touring sounded good but was not loud enough for me so I got the Borla S-type I love it great sound

How does the Borla S type sound when in V4 mode?

Also do you know how I can get just the muffler and not the whole exhaust system? It seems way too expensive.

Edited by Huntere

I got the Super 44 and I like it a lot. You do get some drone in V4 mode, but for me it wasn't that noticeable. Before I got the AFM Disabler, I just rode it in M5 around town to stop it from going into V4. With the AFM disabler, you don't have to worry about it kicking into v4. This video is what got me to go with the Super 44.. :D I've brought my truck in twice to get service (first oil change and a follow up for my bed liner) and each time they asked what I put in and that they really like the sound of my truck. 

How does the Borla S type sound when in V4 mode?
Also do you know how I can get just the muffler and not the whole exhaust system? It seems way too expensive.

I’ve got a 2017 E assist Silverado and I have had the Borla S-Type on since day one. Sounds the exact same as the other Silverados I had it on.

Good rumble on cold start, good rumble on WOT. Highly recommend if you want to drop the $$.

You’ll have to look for the specific mufflers and cut/weld it in. You will have drone if you do it this way though.

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up going with the Flowmaster Super 40! Does drone a little in V4 Mode but it is not that noticeable. Rarely noticed it when traveling above 50 MPH. I Got the Single In Dual Out muffler, Cat Back System with 3 inch pipe going from the Catalytic Converter to the muffler and 2.5 inch pipes coming out of the muffler with rear exit tailpipes. I love the sound, it has a deep rumble when idling and when you step on it, it roars. Definitely just right, not too loud and not too soft!