Alright so I've been waiting patiently on this, but I figured I would ask everyone here.

First week of May, was driving south on i35 and had a rock crack my front windshield from a semi.  I have insurance so I went for the $100 deductible replacement going through their approved installers.

I've been waiting since the first week of May on my order for my front windshield to come in.  Turns out the E-assist models have a different windshield compared to ALL of the other GM trucks.

I do not have the lane-assist camera, my truck from factory is a LT, E-Assist, Crewcab.  

Pro Glass told me that GM has said this front windshield is on back order, which is the reason why they have no idea when it will come in.  I'm in contact with the dealership and they have confirmed the glass has been ordered.

Any reason why GM wouldn't have any E-assist windshield in the great state of Texas or that could be shipped in?  I understand waiting for a month or so for it to come in from a different location, but this time line is getting a little too long for my comfort.  It honestly sounds like they're going to the factory and making a brand new one how long it's taking.  Insight on ordering parts from GM factory is greatly appreciated. 

Edit: GM Dealership just called me and said that GM is waiting on their supplier.  So who supplies GM's hybrid windshields?

Edited by ChevyRoofer

4 hours ago, ChevyRoofer said:

Alright so I've been waiting patiently on this, but I figured I would ask everyone here.

First week of May, was driving south on i35 and had a rock crack my front windshield from a semi.  I have insurance so I went for the $100 deductible replacement going through their approved installers.

I've been waiting since the first week of May on my order for my front windshield to come in.  Turns out the E-assist models have a different windshield compared to ALL of the other GM trucks.

I do not have the lane-assist camera, my truck from factory is a LT, E-Assist, Crewcab.  

Pro Glass told me that GM has said this front windshield is on back order, which is the reason why they have no idea when it will come in.  I'm in contact with the dealership and they have confirmed the glass has been ordered.

Any reason why GM wouldn't have any E-assist windshield in the great state of Texas or that could be shipped in?  I understand waiting for a month or so for it to come in from a different location, but this time line is getting a little too long for my comfort.  It honestly sounds like they're going to the factory and making a brand new one how long it's taking.  Insight on ordering parts from GM factory is greatly appreciated. 

Edit: GM Dealership just called me and said that GM is waiting on their supplier.  So who supplies GM's hybrid windshields?

Not sure?  I did have a GM car with rubber sound proof windows on front and sides?  Maybe it's something like that? 

• 10 months later...