Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Ok question. I have a 2018 1500 lt and I just ordered an hmi 2.5 and antenna but I am wondering if I program the hmi with my vin will it give me access to all available features or will I have to program using the vin from my 2017 1500 ltz for it to work. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

so i can share my experience.

I  had a HMI out of a 2016, I updated this with a 2016 vin plus lates update – I didn’t got the app store and WIFI, as my Radio Module came out of a 2017, I also updated the HMI with a 2017 Vin, I now have the app store and wifi in my HMI.

So it looked like some of the functionality is only available on certain models and not for all of them.

ALSO I need now some help – everything is working, I can hear siri, which is fab, but how can I answer calls in carplay, I cant do it via the steering wheel buttons or I didn’t found the right button.

Also did we found a way to get Siri Activation working?

Thanks

Pierre

The only way to get Siri eyes free in Car Play and the rest of the controls to work is with one of our custom programmed retrofit clusters. We also highly recommend against vin swapping with SPS as it can cause some issue down the line. 

This may be a silly question at this point but I'll ask it anyway. I own a 2014 GMC All Terrain.

From following this post I am sure that the 2016 HMI module I purchased has to be properly programmed to my truck's VIN.

Does the 2016 radio module I purchased also have to programmed to my VIN? Does programming only have to be done to the HMI module?

Like I stated, this may be a silly question but someone once told me the only silly question was the one that wasn't asked. Thanks y'all.  

This may be a silly question at this point but I'll ask it anyway. I own a 2014 GMC All Terrain.
From following this post I am sure that the 2016 HMI module I purchased has to be properly programmed to my truck's VIN.
Does the 2016 radio module I purchased also have to programmed to my VIN? Does programming only have to be done to the HMI module?
Like I stated, this may be a silly question but someone once told me the only silly question was the one that wasn't asked. Thanks y'all.  

Both modules need to be programmed.

Thanks @GTPprix for the quick reply.

That's good. According to UPS you should have both of my modules by Wednesday. Shipped on 12/27. Holidays slowed things down.

As soon as I get this phase installed I plan on moving on to your cluster upgrade. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:23 AM, GTPprix said:

The only way to get Siri eyes free in Car Play and the rest of the controls to work is with one of our custom programmed retrofit clusters. We also highly recommend against vin swapping with SPS as it can cause some issue down the line. 

Ok so to get my 2014 to work I need a cluster from a 16+, an HMI 2.5, a radio module, and the new USB plug and programming on the cluster module and HMI?

Ok so to get my 2014 to work I need a cluster from a 16+, an HMI 2.5, a radio module, and the new USB plug and programming on the cluster module and HMI?

Yup! Please contact us from our website we can over all the appropriate part numbers for the conversion etc.

On 12/30/2018 at 3:14 PM, GTPprix said:

Yup! Please contact us from our website we can over all the appropriate part numbers for the conversion etc.

Contacted you 5 days ago still patiently waiting for a reply.