Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

When you upgrade from a 2.0 to 2.5 hmi for Apple Carplay, what button on the steering wheel do you use to answer a call?

I tried the check mark button which I thought was the way you answered when connected via bluetooth but it didnt work.  So I just used the buttons on the screen.  I am pretty sure the end call button on the wheel worked when I had to end the call. 

Edited by t76turbo
  • Like 1

When you upgrade from a 2.0 to 2.5 hmi for Apple Carplay, what button on the steering wheel do you use to answer a call?

I tried the check mark button which I thought was the way you answered when connected via bluetooth but it didnt work.  So I just used the buttons on the screen.  I am pretty sure the end call button on the wheel worked when I had to end the call. 

61457d6499047a5cae394a5d44941abd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Mine did that when I installed it the first time. It also threw a CAL error (for CALIBRATE, I think) on the Info screen and showed the message Radio Off. I had to send it back to have it re-flashed with my VIN since apparently the first flash didn't work.

So I bought a HMI 2.5 Module for my 2014 Silverado, and had the HMI module flashed to my vin number, and now the screen is just black and does nothing, any ideas? 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Dino Zahirovic said:

The part number is 652029760 

Thats sadly not a valid GM part number I guess it may be easier just to take a picture of the label and post it up if you can?

Also just to everyone know we are getting incredibly busy again. If you email asking for fitment we will email back a new doc we created that breaks everything out with the specs and proper part numbers. These are for a perfect match with all US spec options that will allow you to upgrade to a cluster that supports the steering wheel controls should you wish to make that leap at a later time (or the same time). Just trying to streamline this and get back to people quickly as it takes a bit of time to run checks for proper fitment and with the current workload we want to be able to get back to people as fast as possible with relevant information but still be able to process orders in a timely manner. 

Thank you for your understanding! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

Thats sadly not a valid GM part number I guess it may be easier just to take a picture of the label and post it up if you can?

Also just to everyone know we are getting incredibly busy again. If you email asking for fitment we will email back a new doc we created that breaks everything out with the specs and proper part numbers. These are for a perfect match with all US spec options that will allow you to upgrade to a cluster that supports the steering wheel controls should you wish to make that leap at a later time (or the same time). Just trying to streamline this and get back to people quickly as it takes a bit of time to run checks for proper fitment and with the current workload we want to be able to get back to people as fast as possible with relevant information but still be able to process orders in a timely manner. 

Thank you for your understanding! 

This is Awesome, thanks Chris! I Just put an order through this morning. On my way to send it now.