Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

I have a 2015 LTZ Tahoe that I want to add AA to the unit.  I will check to see which HMI and Radio modules I have in the next couple of days, but as of now I know that I have the ability for the radio to read my texts back to me, though I'm not sure that narrows down either of my modules at this point.  

I am interested in doing this upgrade, but I would like to keep my Sirius XM.  Will this affect the ability to keep my Sirius subscription?

Out of curiosity, what is needed to get the cluster to recognize siri on a 14-15 that was retrofitted.  That has been the one thing that has been bugging me since I completed mine.

I have a 2015 LTZ Tahoe that I want to add AA to the unit.  I will check to see which HMI and Radio modules I have in the next couple of days, but as of now I know that I have the ability for the radio to read my texts back to me, though I'm not sure that narrows down either of my modules at this point.  

I am interested in doing this upgrade, but I would like to keep my Sirius XM.  Will this affect the ability to keep my Sirius subscription?

You’ll need to transfer the service to the new radio id but that’s no big deal. You can email us to verify module fitment.

Out of curiosity, what is needed to get the cluster to recognize siri on a 14-15 that was retrofitted.  That has been the one thing that has been bugging me since I completed mine.

Cluster retrofit with custom programming.

Not do disparage anyone (and its probably going to come off that way my apologies) but why would you send these to Canada when we program more HMI's than likely any company on earth other than say Bosch or GM service LOL Heck half the companies that advertise this service we do their programming for them and have been doing so since 2012 (for 2013MY CUE). 

We also offer THE source for real unlocking programming: video in motion, nav entry in motion, front or rear camera in motion, adding texting to 2014's (early 2015's as well) , custom color color/theme changes, custom radio tuner maps, chime lowering/deletion etc; ALL from the factory unit(s) no aftermarket junk. Also we offer things like 2019 Maps for half of what GM charges, updates to the latest OS etc.

The BIG one for this conversion is we are also THE source for custom cluster retrofit programming so you can ACTUALLY USE the steering wheel controls for Siri! (and all the other missing functions). Something you can't do if you simply slap the modules in (more often than not with mismatched MOST bus revisions and software). 

And....to boot we're a real licensed tax paying insured company LOL 

And just who is it you are//work for?

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

6 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Cluster retrofit with custom programming.

Thats what i figured, so pretty pricey I assume? Is it 

possible to do a later Denali or Tahoe cluster in blue with this programming?

Edited by asull79

8 minutes ago, mfennema said:

One more question about the swap.  Will I be able to mirror my phone to the head unit, or will this only allow the addition of AA/ACP?  

This is purely for AA/CP. There are some aftermarket modules that hijack the display that are out there but really depends on what you're looking for (some jailbroken iPhones have a version of CarPlay that can mirror more apps etc). 

Just now, GTPprix said:

This is purely for AA/CP. There are some aftermarket modules that hijack the display that are out there but really depends on what you're looking for (some jailbroken iPhones have a version of CarPlay that can mirror more apps etc). 

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure that I'm in love enough with AA (I have a Samsung S8) to want to upgrade.  If there are other apps that I can add to the car then I might be more interested.  I do like the fact that it allows the car to use my hotspot from my phone.

4 minutes ago, mfennema said:

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure that I'm in love enough with AA (I have a Samsung S8) to want to upgrade.  If there are other apps that I can add to the car then I might be more interested.  I do like the fact that it allows the car to use my hotspot from my phone.

There are other things you can take advantage of with the AA/CP spec hardware if you choose. We offer an unlock service that truly unlocks the module and allows for video in motion from USB (or from DVD/BluRay if you have it) Rear camera in motion (with the ability to add in a front camera using the same input etc) nav entry in motion etc. It's not for everyone and if none of these pique your interest maybe this isnt a good upgrade for you as its not exactly cheap sadly. 

The additional "apps" from GM are restricted from their back end through a myriad of different levels (not going to disclose all of them here) but sadly its likely apps on a non 2017+ from GM isnt going to be a thing. 

Edited by GTPprix

There are other things you can take advantage of with the AA/CP spec hardware if you choose. We offer an unlock service that truly unlocks the module and allows for video in motion from USB (or from DVD/BluRay if you have it) Rear camera in motion (with the ability to add in a front camera using the same input etc) nav entry in motion etc. It's not for everyone and if none of these pique your interest maybe this isnt a good upgrade for you as its not exactly cheap sadly. 

The additional "apps" from GM are restricted from their back end through a myriad of different levels (not going to disclose all of them here) but sadly its likely apps on a non 2017+ from GM isnt going to be a thing. 
The only real reason I'm considering it is so I can have Google Maps or maybe Waze in the future on the head unit instead of having to look at my phone to see the map. I have a nav unit now and I would be willing to downgrade to save the money going to IO5 to essentially pay for the whole swap. I hate the GM nav interface with a passion so I never use it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk