Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Bummer about the volume, I use steering wheel controls almost exclusively but the trade off is worth it. I have my stuff in a box ready to go whenever you're ready haha.
From what I've seen, the volume control is common for this upgrade. MVI states that you have to upgrade to the "digital instrument cluster" to keep steering wheel controls in Android Auto or Carplay. That's a $900 addition on top of everything else if you go through them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, woodyfriedt said:

From what I've seen, the volume control is common for this upgrade. MVI states that you have to upgrade to the "digital instrument cluster" to keep steering wheel controls in Android Auto or Carplay. That's a $900 addition on top of everything else if you go through them.

There are workarounds that will be much cheaper than that. Just give me some more time and I'll point you in the right direction. But for the time being, no paddle volume control is available. 

There are workarounds that will be much cheaper than that. Just give me some more time and I'll point you in the right direction. But for the time being, no paddle volume control is available. 
And that's not a deal breaker, I was just pointing out that it's not an issue with what you're doing, it's just what happens.

• Like 1

Just now, DCazares said:

Have you tried pressing and holding down the voice command button to see if it bypasses the GM voice command and connects to the AA voice command?

I have. It does not bypass the integrated GM voice. 

I believe upgrading the cluster to a newer 2016+ model will solve the problem, but to me it's a negligible upgrade.

Just saying "OK Google" seems to be just fine for me. Pressing the mic button on screen is also functional. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 10:58 AM, Ben Bassinger said:

I’ve had several people ask so here are the parts I got.

HMI: 84028492
Radio Module: 23402903
USB port: 13509942

There are many options that work, but this is what I have.

Did you retain steering wheel control functionality? What year is your truck?

9 hours ago, Ben Bassinger said:

Yes. Steering wheel controls function as expected. 2015 2500 high country is my truck. I’m using CarPlay. The phone buttons do not end the call is the only thing I notice if I’m on CarPlay.

Same here. Skip, previous, and volume buttons work on CarPlay. Also if I try to hold the talk button to activate Siri it tells me that no bluetooth phone is connected.