Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Just an FYI, dokus is out for a week.
I sent my module back to him, on my own dime, to have it updated, since it wasn't Android Auto ready. He should have received it last Friday.
Woke up today, to a refund of my original purchase. I messaged him and he said he refunded me because he didn't want me to have to wait the week.
Meanwhile, I'm out the second shipping cost, and no module.
I told him I wouldn't have shipped it back at my own cost if I wasn't expecting it back. That was the deal we had made last week.
Hopefully I can get this worked out when he gets back, but it's frustrating.
Sorry about the word wall, needed to vent.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I sent my module back to him, on my own dime, to have it updated, since it wasn't Android Auto ready. He should have received it last Friday.
Woke up today, to a refund of my original purchase. I messaged him and he said he refunded me because he didn't want me to have to wait the week.
I told him I wouldn't have shipped it back at my own cost if I wasn't expecting it back. That was the deal we had made last week.

That absolutely sucks. I just got all my parts in. I'll have this working (hopefully ?) this weekend. I can probably sort you out if he can't fix it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 9/6/2018 at 5:47 PM, woodyfriedt said:

Hey Woody, I made this account to ask you, can you PM me Dokus ad details/username?  I'm having a tough time finding them at 99+15.

Also, any additional advice for adding Android Auto to my 2015 Silverado Z71 from those who have done it would be welcome.

A lot of info in this thread I'm trying to piece together. I have a 2016 silverado that didnt come with android auto/CarPlay installed. 

Does this mean I could just swap in a 2.5 HMI module to add the functionality?  Or would I need programming to.

5 hours ago, Kboyts said:

A lot of info in this thread I'm trying to piece together. I have a 2016 silverado that didnt come with android auto/CarPlay installed. 

Does this mean I could just swap in a 2.5 HMI module to add the functionality?  Or would I need programming to.

Check to see if you already have a 2.5 HMI. If you do you should just need programming!

Thank you all for waiting... It's been a hell of a ride. Shop will be set up shortly. Until then, here's a sneak peek! Radio unlocks have officially been accomplished. Excuse the potato quality.

2si41X2vaO0WZchR7h.gif

IMG_20180910_212042.jpg

img_20180910_212336.jpg

Edited by th3magpi3
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Thank you all for waiting... It's been a hell of a ride. Shop will be set up shortly. Until then, here's a sneak peek! Radio unlocks have officially been accomplished. Excuse the potato quality.

2si41X2vaO0WZchR7h.gif

IMG_20180910_212042.jpg

img_20180910_212336.jpg

Awesone work! Can't wait to get started on this one.

What radio P/N should we shoot for? And I know it'll take some time to shakedown all the ins and outs, but did this remedy all the Siri/Android feedback issues?

5 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

The second you need a second guinea pig I can have my stuff shipped out, just give me a price and an address when the time comes.

7 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Check to see if you already have a 2.5 HMI. If you do you should just need programming!

My truck was one of the ones built during the shortage of the new updated hmi modules. So is the radio module ok as is, and I just need the upgraded and reprogrammed 2.5 hmi module?

What kind of money am i looking at for everything? 

4 minutes ago, Kboyts said:

My truck was one of the ones built during the shortage of the new updated hmi modules. So is the radio module ok as is, and I just need the upgraded and reprogrammed 2.5 hmi module?

What kind of money am i looking at for everything? 

An HMI module pre-programmed from Dokus was about $115 shipped. And about 10 minutes of install time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Druder said:

The second you need a second guinea pig I can have my stuff shipped out, just give me a price and an address when the time comes.

Soon! Just working out some final kinks. HMI should be finished ASAP as well. 

• Like 1