Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

3 hours ago, Kevin Smith said:

Awesone work! Can't wait to get started on this one.

What radio P/N should we shoot for? And I know it'll take some time to shakedown all the ins and outs, but did this remedy all the Siri/Android feedback issues?

I'm using an 84278527 but any radio module from a 2016+ sierra or silverado will work. 

Look on ebay for "U2M radio" and verify the build date is after 2016 and has IO5 in the compatible options and you're set. 

Siri and AA should be fully functional soon! just getting everything put back together :)

Edited by th3magpi3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kboyts said:

How do I contact Dokus? Does he have a website? Ebay seller?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

eBay seller ID is dokus223. I don't see a listing for the 2.5 HMI right now, but this might be on account of (as woodyfriedt said earlier) he took the week off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Smith said:

eBay seller ID is dokus223. I don't see a listing for the 2.5 HMI right now, but this might be on account of (as woodyfriedt said earlier) he took the week off.

I haven't seen one for a few weeks. Someone else asked me and I was unable to find one on his page. 

Here's one that is $10 more than Dokus. and it's the same part number as the one I received from him. @Kboyts

And just so you're aware you may need to have BOTH modules programmed, not just one - even though your radio is from a newer vehicle. I'll be offering programming for BOTH modules for around half of the price of what the other guys want for ONE module for everyone who has been following the journey here :) 

Edited by th3magpi3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCazares said:

What do I need to look for if I have factory Navigation and want to keep it functional and add AA/Carplay? 

Gonna be a bit more pricey. You need an IO6 HMI 2.5.

Here's one.  But they'll run you 2-3x the price of a non-nav version. 

You'll also need an IO6 radio. PM me for more details :) 

34 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

Gonna be a bit more pricey. You need an IO6 HMI 2.5.

Here's one.  But they'll run you 2-3x the price of a non-nav version. 

You'll also need an IO6 radio. PM me for more details :) 

This is the route I'm looking at as well. Don't know why but I kind of want to keep my factory nav. 

This is the route I'm looking at as well. Don't know why but I kind of want to keep my factory nav. 

IMHO Google Maps is leaps ahead of the factory NAV but hey, it's your truck man! Why not have both.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

IMHO Google Maps is leaps ahead of the factory NAV but hey, it's your truck man! Why not have both.

Oh I agree. I still use google maps on my phone to double check what the factory nav is telling me to make sure it's not doing something stupid. lol  

I guess I could go without it to save money and if I ever feel I want it back I could upgrade it in the future. 

Oh I agree. I still use google maps on my phone to double check what the factory nav is telling me to make sure it's not doing something stupid. lol  

I guess I could go without it to save money and if I ever feel I want it back I could upgrade it in the future. 
For sure. It's your call. Feel free to send me a pm and we'll get you sorted out :)

For anyone else curious, I'll have a full informative post and new thread soon with all the details. Hoping the have everything set within the week.

• Like 5

I'm sure this is out of scope for this thread, but i recently purchased a 2014 WT and would ove to have a AA/Carplay HU without spending 2k+.

Any hope for those trucks starting out with IO3 or is aftermarket with something like the iDatalink by Maestro the best bet?

Edited by silentbob343

Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to locate a remanufactured radio/HMI set from Digital Dash Solutions on eBay for $540 for my Sierra 1500 (Bose, no factory nav).  Parts arrived yesterday, I installed it over my lunch hour today.  Outside of a Android communication error 8 (resolved by reloading AA on my phone), the install was straightforward and the tech support from DDS was outstanding.

I realize it ain't the cheapest option, but outside of my time reading this forum and checking pricing, I've got a whole 30 minutes into this.  Can't say enough about them if you're looking for a one-stop shop.

Rick

5 hours ago, restorick2378 said:

Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to locate a remanufactured radio/HMI set from Digital Dash Solutions on eBay for $540 for my Sierra 1500 (Bose, no factory nav).  Parts arrived yesterday, I installed it over my lunch hour today.  Outside of a Android communication error 8 (resolved by reloading AA on my phone), the install was straightforward and the tech support from DDS was outstanding.

I realize it ain't the cheapest option, but outside of my time reading this forum and checking pricing, I've got a whole 30 minutes into this.  Can't say enough about them if you're looking for a one-stop shop.

Rick

Honestly that's not a bad deal if it comes as a single order for both the radio and hmi already programmed. Did you have to trade in your old hmi?

IMG_20180911_135848.thumb.jpg.9b62061b7795193fe4fd89b1595f023b.jpg

Making even more progress! HMI has been updated to the newest software, which means Wifi compatibility ! OTA updates are enabled, meaning you will receive all future software updates for the HMI over a valid network connection! Also, the ability to download apps from the shop

Edited by th3magpi3
added text
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1