Superchips F5 or Diablo I3

I recently just purchased a 2018 Sierra Z71 with 5.3 and 6sp.  It literally has about 435 miles on it after picking it up with 21 miles.   I will be doing Carven Competion Exhaust cat back, K&N Black series intake, motofab 2.5in front and 1in rear with air lift bag for towing, along with 33in tires.   Now I don’t really want to void my warranty, and I know if something happened they would have to prove it, and before I take it in always return to stock.  Originally I was going to go with the Range products AFM device but I’m considering a tuner instead.  I don’t need anything custom, just some canned tunes is fine.  Can someone tell me who has the better customer support? Superchips or Diablo?   Problems with either?   Leaning towards the Diablo I3, but I have a buddy with a 2015 6.2 and he has the F5 and likes it.  

Pros of and cons to either?   Should I just do the afm device or do the tuner?   Here’s a stock pic hooked up to my 82 Ski Nautique 

DDDFCF99-7450-40E7-9E32-FA02C54004A2.jpeg

• Like 1

wondering the same. also, other than custom tuning, which i dont care about, what are the advantages of the I3 to the predator 2? 

sorry to hijack, but hopefully it will inspire beneficial conversation

1 hour ago, Lsjeep said:

I recently just purchased a 2018 Sierra Z71 with 5.3 and 6sp.  It literally has about 435 miles on it after picking it up with 21 miles.   I will be doing Carven Competion Exhaust cat back, K&N Black series intake, motofab 2.5in front and 1in rear with air lift bag for towing, along with 33in tires.   Now I don’t really want to void my warranty, and I know if something happened they would have to prove it, and before I take it in always return to stock.  Originally I was going to go with the Range products AFM device but I’m considering a tuner instead.  I don’t need anything custom, just some canned tunes is fine.  Can someone tell me who has the better customer support? Superchips or Diablo?   Problems with either?   Leaning towards the Diablo I3, but I have a buddy with a 2015 6.2 and he has the F5 and likes it.  

Pros of and cons to either?   Should I just do the afm device or do the tuner?   Here’s a stock pic hooked up to my 82 Ski Nautique 

DDDFCF99-7450-40E7-9E32-FA02C54004A2.jpeg

I love the old Ski Nautique, my uncle has an '87 very similar to it and I've been skiing behind that boat all my life! Wakeboarding is fun with two "fat sacks" in the back where the rear seat goes, monster wake!

As for the tuner, I am also considering one but my warranty is up. I have read a lot of people's posts, saying that our trucks will log any changes made to the computer (such as tunes) even if you put it back to stock before you go in for warranty work, and they *will* decline to honor your warranty if engine troubles arise after being tuned.

Careful if you go that route, if it were me and I still had a warranty I'd just go with the Range AFM, supposedly that doesn't leave any trace in the computer and it's also pretty cheap.

Every time one of these threads pop up I’ll ask if anyone has been declined warranty repairs due to a tune on a gas vehicle. Been 4 years no one has replied they have yet. I’ve used hand held tunes since 01, had a transmission warranty repair on an 06 had a tune and no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dealership will not void your warranty for tuning if you don’t go into the dealer acting like a jerk. Most if you are honest will go out of their way to help you. Unfortunately if you get into a situation where engine replacement or transmission replacement is necessary GM will require the dealer to send in the calibrations to tech support and they will decline your warranty and put a warranty block on your vin number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got an Diablo I3 for my 17 Silverado.  Not the best handheld I ever used but it does the job.  Im getting custom Lew tunes which is why I went with that model.  The canned 87 tune with firm shift is pretty good out of the box.  I have a 7" lift on 35's so I needed to get a little pep in my step back.  Shifting is nice now and ive gained around 2 mpgs.  If you're not doing custom tunes then I'd get one of the lower model Predators or the other tuner you mentioned

Still waiting on someone to reply with F5 knowledge.   I’m leaning towards diablo, and I think if the dealer said anything after i brought it in for a repair, I’d just say i had the speedo corrected.   I mean they wouldnt be able to see anything really, just that something was flashed right?

I've got the Diablo i3 with the custom Lew tune. I can't recommend it enough. What was gained with the canned tune has been sooooo much more "enhanced" . The truck should have come like this from GM, any way I love the way my truck drives now and it will fly with no clunks or crazy shifting.

I am struggling with the same issue.  I have same mods as you stated and my warranty is up this coming May and am leaning of getting a dyno tune.  Nothing crazy because it is my daily driver.  I feel that my 16 5.3 with mods would get beat by my 2002 4.8 with same mods due to the shifting being god awful.  I am Chevy through and through but this transmission has made other brands a possibility,  I want to see first what dyno tune will do to clean up shifting.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, snowman44 said:

I am struggling with the same issue.  I have same mods as you stated and my warranty is up this coming May and am leaning of getting a dyno tune.  Nothing crazy because it is my daily driver.  I feel that my 16 5.3 with mods would get beat by my 2002 4.8 with same mods due to the shifting being god awful.  I am Chevy through and through but this transmission has made other brands a possibility,  I want to see first what dyno tune will do to clean up shifting.

Get the tune shifting will be much better

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 1:22 PM, Bobaloo22 said:

I've got the Diablo i3 with the custom Lew tune. I can't recommend it enough. What was gained with the canned tune has been sooooo much more "enhanced" . The truck should have come like this from GM, any way I love the way my truck drives now and it will fly with no clunks or crazy shifting.

How did you get the Lew tune? How much did it cost for that tune alone? Is it an email tune that you upload to your Diablo i3?