RAM aggressively seeking market share!

Just as the 2019 GM twins are rolling off the assembly line, I see that RAM is already offering up to $9500 of incentives on the newly designed 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn CC models.

They are really going after market share. I'm wondering how long it will take GM to offer such incentives on the new 2019's?

PREDICTION:  The General will wait too long, not wanting to give any incentives on its brand new trucks with high sticker prices, and its salespeople will watch buyers go down the street to FCA/Ford/Toyota/Nissan/Honda.  Sure, it will sell some T1XX's to early adopters/Earnhardt fans, and will put a big spin on those sales results.  Then, when its showrooms, front lots, back lots, side lots, factory lots, train yards, etc., are overflowing with trucks, it will have to offer better incentives than FCA to move any more of these ugly new trucks.  RAM will soon be in second place behind Ford.  Just sayin.  

Edited by MaverickZ71

Ram still has a bunch of 2018's sitting that haven't moved as well.  For Ram to drop such a big incentive so soon, something must be up at camp Ram.  I've yet to see a 2019 on the road myself.  A friend of mine, his dad has one but that's about it. 

Some of the volume dealers already have T1's at supplier pricing, about 4-5k off sticker.   

12 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

PREDICTION:  The General will wait too long, not wanting to give any incentives on its brand new trucks with high sticker prices, and its salespeople will watch buyers go down the street to FCA/Ford/Toyota/Nissan/Honda.  Sure, it will sell some T1XX's to early adopters/Earnhardt fans, and will put a big spin on those sales results.  Then, when its showrooms, front lots, back lots, side lots, factory lots, train yards, etc., are overflowing with trucks, it will have to offer better incentives than FCA to move any more of these ugly new trucks.  RAM will soon be in second place behind Ford.  Just sayin.  

Probably wrong on both accounts.  GM will offer minimal incentive early on and at the end of the day....these trucks are going to be squeezing the sales lead from FERD probably going to be pressuring #1.  As for the Ram it looks "OK" but it's still a RAM.....and you get what you pay for.

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Some online new car search sites are showing dealers already discounting 2019 Silverado and Sierra's

There is a big difference between 3-4k off and 9500 off.  There will always be 3-4k off as some of that is coming from a military discount, trade in bonus and such.

I haven't priced Rams so I don't know what discounts they have, but if they're already 9500 off that's big.  FCA in general offers huge discounts on already cheaper models.  Dodge has been "buying" market share for decades.  It's why they never have any money and their models usually go 10-12 years before a major redesign.  The upgrades they do are usually only skin deep too, to give the illusion of something new.

I usually buy packages and who ever is cheaper. There are large GM and Ram dealers within 2 miles of each other in my town. I have owned Rams by far I’ve gotten GMCs cheaper and owned more of those. I know quite a few Ram owners and they are repeat Ram buyers. One of the reviewers, consumer report I believe recently said Ram is enjoying more repeat buyers than any other brand. Times may be changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a strong suspicion that Ram will take the #2 spot. There isn't a truck on the road that can touch the Ram limited right now....and for that matter you need to step into the high end luxury cars  to match it. My "middle of the road" European luxury car doesn't touch the ride quality, infotainment center, etc...I haven't ridden in the 19 Denali but I have hunch it's going to feel ten years dated...

i would buy Ram on the spot today if isn't wasn't for FCA quality issues. They just can't see, to get it together. Their vehicles seem to be pigs in dresses. I've literally never met someone that has a good long term experience. They seem to have never ending issues with Rust, electronic gremlins, brake issues, etc.

If they ever get their quality in check they will take #1 and own the market.  I can drive 2 hours away and pick up a RAM limited for the price of an LTZ, yet the Ram is loaded with options I can't even get in a Denali regardless of price. 

Edited by Chris walker

While it probably won't happen, I'd like to see GM get a dose of humble pie so I won't cry if the Dodge Ram bumps the Silverado down a notch or two. 

Edited by Colossus

I don’t know much about the newly designed 2019 RAM, but I did test drive a 2017 Laramie before buying my Chevy. I must say it was a beautiful truck. I actually may have bought it except I didn’t like the attitude or tone of the dealer. They were dickheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping GM loses alot of market share to Ram and Ford to wake up the bean counters at GM.  The new trucks are excellent redesigns until you open the door and get inside.  The reviews I have been reading on the truck are all pretty much the same.  The trucks would have been home runs if they put as much thought and engineering into the interior as they did the exterior.  Until I sat in a 2019 Denali Saturday I was still wanting a new AT4 but after getting into the truck I was shocked at how much worse it is in person than the pictures.  In the pics the interior didn't look too bad but in person you really feel and see the cheapness.  The seats are also firm and uncomfortable.  My 2014 SLT has more aluminum and chrome interior trim and the wrapped stitched dash and doors of my truck look more high end than the 2019.  The new interior is just a mass of black plastic and vinyl.  There are no innovative storage ideas and the center console is far less useful than the 2014-18 style.

The issue I have w/ Ram and many other Fiat Chrysler products is that they get pretty poor crash test results... In this day & age good crash results are a must have for me..

On 8/27/2018 at 10:43 PM, Imcrazy said:

The issue I have w/ Ram and many other Fiat Chrysler products is that they get pretty poor crash test results... In this day & age good crash results are a must have for me..

This is mostly because everything in their lineup is olllllllllllllld. I fully expect the new Ram (as well as the new GMs) to do very well.