What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Thinking about doing the same - except I’d be replacing a LoMax, but basically same as Bakflip. Any extra insight or tips? What was your motivation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The main thing is I want to run crossbars and the bakflip wasn’t a great option for that, I got some bars that worked with it but it wasn’t exactly what I wanted. I also had some trouble at first and the cover rubbed some paint off my cab from being in the up position. I got new rubber strips for it and it’s fine now, but I really liked the sliding cover, no drill design of the retrax and the rail system for adding bars. My only gripe is the drainage tubes that came with it don’t work for the holes in the bed near the cab. There are holes in the floor of the cab but the tube is too large, I have to widen the holes when I get a chance. Overall, both are great covers depending on your needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The main thing is I want to run crossbars and the bakflip wasn’t a great option for that, I got some bars that worked with it but it wasn’t exactly what I wanted. I also had some trouble at first and the cover rubbed some paint off my cab from being in the up position. I got new rubber strips for it and it’s fine now, but I really liked the sliding cover, no drill design of the retrax and the rail system for adding bars. My only gripe is the drainage tubes that came with it don’t work for the holes in the bed near the cab. There are holes in the floor of the cab but the tube is too large, I have to widen the holes when I get a chance. Overall, both are great covers depending on your needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 7/13/2020 at 5:21 AM, Flatblack83 said:

35 12.50 20 bfg km3s, removed the mud flap brackets, pulled the liner back with a zip tie and no rub.   Also tinted corner lights and mirror lights.

20200710_091331.jpg

Any other mod for this set up? Spacers, level. No type of rub at all? Thanks, looks great.

2 minutes ago, MgoBlue said:

Any other mod for this set up? Spacers, level. No type of rub at all? Thanks, looks great.

Up front, Icon coilovers set to 3 inch, rough country uca's. Removed the mud flap brackets and pulled the liner back.  On the rear just 1.5 blocks and bilsteins.  Now these are trailboss replica wheels with a +15 offset. So that helps keep the tire off the uca's. 

23 minutes ago, Flatblack83 said:

Up front, Icon coilovers set to 3 inch, rough country uca's. Removed the mud flap brackets and pulled the liner back.  On the rear just 1.5 blocks and bilsteins.  Now these are trailboss replica wheels with a +15 offset. So that helps keep the tire off the uca's. 

How's the ride quality with he ICON coilers? I am looking at ordering their kit, but can't seem to find much info on the GM/Chevy  installs. I found a video of a guy putting them on his ram, road bumps and trains tracks appeared to be absorbed by coilers. I don't do much off roading with my AT4, so the I won't be getting the reservoirs.

7 minutes ago, Erod_66 said:

How's the ride quality with he ICON coilers? I am looking at ordering their kit, but can't seem to find much info on the GM/Chevy  installs. I found a video of a guy putting them on his ram, road bumps and trains tracks appeared to be absorbed by coilers. I don't do much off roading with my AT4, so the I won't be getting the reservoirs.

They are firmer than the rest, fox or king will ride smoother. Its firm but handles real well. I don't have the reservoirs either, mines just the stage 1.  The less preload the smoother tho, thats why mines at 3 inch and not 3.5.

Installation is pretty easy, not much too it. Make sure u do some sort of control arms tho.

Edited by Flatblack83

Added 6 3/4” led grill lights. 4 up top and 2 in the tow hook recesses. Went with red to match the red trim on my AT4. Ran a separate harness and switch to avoid messing with any factory electrical. I don’t have any night pics yet.

88a01dfaddbf7c54cead284d14a2af2c.jpgaec3f3c499405bf7e1a9c272a10fdf65.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loud_pipes said:

Added 6 3/4” led grill lights. 4 up top and 2 in the tow hook recesses. Went with red to match the red trim on my AT4. Ran a separate harness and switch to avoid messing with any factory electrical. I don’t have any night pics yet.

Look's Good - might check local laws ??  Minn. & Wis. - ONLY white or Ambler .

• Like 1

2" SST

285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers on stock 18" AT4 wheels

Surprised that i have zero rubbing anywhere. Tire is close to the control arm but has enough clearance.

Started the install on my radar detector.

Need to order the upfitter parts so i can have it switched and all wires hidden. 

Edited by BetaX

Looks good. Where did you get the lights?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk