OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

21 hours ago, Putergod said:

Also, two more questions...

Has anyone determined if the 2015.5 has the BCM programing or not?

Does anyone have a blue switch for sale?

Maybe try here?
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/174-2015-2019-silverado-hd-sierra-hd/

• 3 weeks later...

help please !!!  have part number 23458495 F- switch, light switch for a silverado ute 2018 LTD duamax  and now looking to purchase the harness to suit wanting to connect spotlights where can I purchase and we are in Australia.

• 1 year later...

I finally got around to doing this. I have successfully installed the harness and lights. I'm stuck on the final step - fishing the yellow wire through the firewall boots.

Anyone who has done this: what tips can you offer me on fishing the yellow wire?

Did you have to remove or loosen the bolts on the X61A junction box to fish the yellow wire?

What is the approximate angle to push a socket extension or screwdriver through the engine bay side boot in order to hit the right spot on the firewall behind the X61A?

Today, I took another pass at fishing the yellow wire through the firewall. I had to buy some wire hangers and that helped tremendously. Using the coat-hanger wire, I was able to feel my way through the inner boot. It certainly wasn't any easy route. I figured out that the angle of the wire going in is only about 15 degrees above horizontal. It felt about like I was blindly threading a needle.

Once I got the wire through, I still couldn't see it under the dash. I ended up having to remove the 3 nuts from the X16A junction box and pulling the box away from the firewall. It didn't move much, maybe an inch, but it helped me see the coat-hanger wire sticking through. I was able to stick my hand behind the X16A and guide the coat-hanger out the left side. I taped the yellow wire onto the coat-hanger and gently fished it back through. It works! Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Granite7
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:40 AM, Homewrecker007 said:

I remove the spring from my light switch so I can shut off all the lights and not have the auto function. New Off-road switch iis on order. 

On 1/16/2023 at 5:21 PM, Granite7 said:

Today, I took another pass at fishing the yellow wire through the firewall. I had to buy some wire hangers and that helped tremendously. Using the coat-hanger wire, I was able to feel my way through the inner boot. It certainly wasn't any easy route. I figured out that the angle of the wire going in is only about 15 degrees above horizontal. It felt about like I was blindly threading a needle.

Once I got the wire through, I still couldn't see it under the dash. I ended up having to remove the 3 nuts from the X16A junction box and pulling the box away from the firewall. It didn't move much, maybe an inch, but it helped me see the coat-hanger wire sticking through. I was able to stick my hand behind the X16A and guide the coat-hanger out the left side. I taped the yellow wire onto the coat-hanger and gently fished it back through. It works! Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Granite7 Thanks for your story and photos. Could you provide the source of this headlight switch with the two buttons? I’ll need the “red glow” version for my truck. Thx in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5 years after buying the wiring harness and ORL switch, I'm wondering if anyone knows where to connect this yellow trigger wire for the stock sport bar wiring harness? My truck came with the sport bar, so it has the wiring ran for the third brake light, along with (presumably) the stock ORL that are an option. However, I can't find where this comes up in the engine bay, and I can't figure out where to hook up this trigger wire to send power to the ORL circuit. Any help would be appreciated, plan on picking up some DT connectors so I can at least hook these aftermarket lights up using the same connector that's already in the sport bar. 

Edit - scratch that, it looks like there was a sport bar only harness that didn't include relays and all that. Looks like I'll be making from scratch. 

Edited by 02SOMWS6

• 2 months later...

I try installing the swicth to my 2015 Silverado 2500HD and it doesn't work. I dont think the BCM has the programming. Does anyone know if it can be programmed at the dealership??

Also can the switch button be used with out connecting it to the BCM? If anyone know please help. Thank you in advance