In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Chevy Launches Two New Colorado Special Editions For On and Off Road - First Pics and Details

2019-Chevrolet-Colorado-RST-013.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
11-9-2018

Chevrolet is building upon its huge sales success of the new generation Colorado with two new special editions. GM credits the Colorado and Canyon with helping the company to become the largest seller of pickups. “The success of Colorado helped reignite the midsize truck segment, which increased 27 percent from 2015 to 2017,” said Sandor Piszar, director of Marketing for Chevrolet Trucks. “It changed what customers expected from a midsize truck, brought new customers to Chevrolet and has inspired competitors to follow Chevy’s lead.”

The first Colorado special edition is a street-focused RST is based on the LT trim. The new RST features a monochromatic exterior offset with a black beltline and body side moldings. The RST also adds a black tailgate bowtie, Colorado and RST badges. The RST becomes first Colorado trim to offer 20-inch wheels, finished in low-gloss black. Like the Bison, the RST will wear the flow-through “CHEVROLET” lettered grille. 

2019-Chevrolet-Colorado-Z71-TrailRunner-012.jpg

The new Colorado Z71 Trail runner begins with the Z71 package and adds the Colorado ZR2’s underbody protection and rubber. These include aluminum front and mid skid plates, functional rocker protection and Goodyear Duratrac tires. With this new trim, Chevrolet offers four distinct Colorado levels of off-road capability:

- Colorado Z71: Z71 Off-Road Suspension, automatic locking rear differential and unique 17-inch painted wheels and all-terrain tires.
 - New Colorado Z71 Trail Runner: Adds additional off-road protection to the Z71 trim with the Colorado ZR2’s front and mid skid plates, rocker protection and 17-inch Goodyear Duratrac tires standard.
 - Colorado ZR2: Compared to a standard Colorado, the ZR2 features a factory-installed 3.5-inch wider track and a suspension lifted by 2 inches. Class-exclusive features include front and rear electronic locking differentials and Multimatic DSSV Dampers. The ZR2 also features front and mid skid plates, rocker protection and front and rear bumpers modified for better off-road clearance.
 - Colorado ZR2 Bison: The ZR2 Bison adds even more extreme off-road capability with five hot-stamped Boron steel skid plates and stamped steel front and rear bumpers with front winch provisions and rear recovery points.

Nice to see more aggressive all terrain tires on the Z71.

The factory Goodyears on the current/past Colorado Z71's are not that great.

I like these packages / special editions. Trail Runner should come with an air dam delete though.

In many ways, I think they do indeed reflect what some actual owners are doing to their trucks. GM is giving it to you right away.

Sure, you could argue these special editions are pointless, and probably slightly overpriced, but they seem to provide a little more content than previous Midnight, Shoreline, and Redline, etc editions for example.

RST should have a V8 

• Like 2

I wanna see the road truck sit lower.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jeffs42885
      Just actually stumbled across this page while browsing coloradofans. Jeff from Dallas Texas, 2018 Colorado 4x4 LT, basically Stock as it's my daily. Also have a 2018 Camaro ZL1. I need some help, before I start looking at all of your trucks, mods, other cool stuff..

(copied this from coloradofans.com, also from a few subs on reddit..)

Hi all, need some advice- Let me preface this with, I am not trying to get anyone in trouble nor an I trying to throw anyone under the bus. I just want my Colorado fixed. I appreciate anyones feedback as I explain the story.
      2018 Colorado LT, 4x4, 30k miles....

About three weeks ago, I had an appointment at my local Chevrolet dealer, which is a very large dealer in the Dallas/Fort-Worth metroplex. The truck has a very weird sounding, only can be described as an intermittent, yet ANNOYING and LOUD squeaking/rubbing sound coming from what sounds like the front of the truck. I showed up to my appointment, and the service advisor and I went for a ride, and he said that he could barely hear the sound, but I was able to hear it as clear as day. He also pointed out that he heard it when we accelerated, and when we braked. Nothing when we were coasting, not using the brakes, etc. He told me that I would have to leave it with him for a few days, or get there early on a Saturday for his guys to take it in. I didn't have the ability to do that at the time, so I told him I would reach back out in about a week or so.
      Fast forward a week - I was to be traveling so I was going to leave the truck prior to leaving the DFW airport. I ran some errands in the morning, and after getting the truck up to operating temperature, It is not making the sound, at all. Unfortunately I did not have the time to deal with this at the time so I went back to my house, and hopped a ride to the airport.

Once I got back, and started my routine I noticed that the noise is still back and I can still hear it as loud as day. I made an appointment for 8:15 AM on last Tuesday. I showed up at 7:30 and they got me checked in. We took it for a ride around the lot, and the service advisor heard the noise. He got me right in. the shuttle took me to work. About three hours later he called me and he said - and please bear with me, I am no mechanic and my terminology may be off - "There was a seal in the transfer casing that was rotted..we fixed it, blah blah..and now it is not making the noise, OH, and you need an oil change. Want that while you're here?".

Hopped an uber back to the dealer on my lunch and drove back to the office. Everything seemed fine. I got out of work around 5pm that day and went to the grocery store, sure enough, the noise is still there, and louder than ever. I am getting frustrated at this point. I reviewed the work order only to find out that it mentions nothing about fixing anything, only that the tech could not duplicate the issue I described.

At this point, I am very hesitant to go back to that dealership, so I reach out to some other local enthusiasts for a referral, and I make contact with someone who works at a dealership about 30minutes south of where I live. I was to stop by Saturday morning, and ask for his buddy the service advisor. No problem at all. I stopped in right on time, met with the advisor, we took it for a ride around the lot. Sure enough, there it is! The noise on the stop, and on the go! He heard it, I heard it. But he told me that they won't get to it until Monday because the suspension, front end guys, etc, won't be in. I say OK, Whatever it takes. I also say, hey since I am new to town and need my registration switched, can you guys please do a safety inspection? He says yeah no problem.

Another $35 uber back to my apartment.

Today I get a call. And now, I am being told that the noise I am hearing is the noise of air going into the engine, and it's louder because I have a K&N Blackwing Cold Air Intake system. Which makes absolutely zero sense, since the noise only happens on the stop and go, and it's also a grinding/rubbing/squeaking noise. However, at this point.. I am not arguing. Because I have a short temper and I really don't want to be mean right now. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.  I just picked it up, and it's still making the same noise. The intake is not causing the issue.. and I don't have the stock one as I just moved here. 

I'm not a mechanic, but that's the stupidest **** I've ever heard. I have had intakes on all of my cars. There's one on my 2018 ZL1 camaro, no noises like that. I had them on my 2016 SS, 2015 C7, etc.. Never had any issues. The only COMMON issue here is that much like in the past like I've dealt with Pontiac back in 2009, the dealership is using any kind of excuse to not have to do any work at all. (Example - in 2010, broken ball joint on my 2009 g8 gt - they blamed it on my roto-fab engine covers hitting the hood, when in fact, it was a MAJOR TSB..)

So a couple of things.

1) Where in DFW can I go to get this fixed
      2) Should I even bother calling the GM customer care number.. because I am SERIOUSLY SICK OF "NO RENTALS BEING AVAILABLE" and having to pay for an uber. It's going to cost me $36 to get to the dealer tomorrow to pick the truck up.
      3) Any other advise.

Thanks in advance.
    • By Kevin Culhane
      I’ve got a 94 Chevy k1500 with the 4l60e transmission. I have lost reverse completely, it will rev up to 2000 ish rpm in reverse and nothing, but that’s as high as it will go. It also drives forward in neutral but it acts like its in first and won’t shift up. In drive it drives completely normally, all the gears, smooth shifting etc. I just put this transmission in this truck and I got it from someone that I trust who said it worked fine, and when I first put it in everything was normal. But after a day of driving the truck now it has this issue. I’ve checked the fluid level and it’s where it should be as well as adjusting the shift linkage, and even disconnecting it and trying to shift it manually and same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Sheldon Barber
      So I had a bully dog tuner for my truck and haven't had it plugged in since I got a new engine installed a few years back. Found it today and found someone who would buy it. Contacted bully dog and found out that I would have to change my tuning to "stock" to be able to unlock the device so the guy could buy it from me. I told them that my truck was already stock and they said that I just needed to run the stock tune to be able to unlock it. So I did that and it cut my engine power and turned off ABS and Stabilitrak. Cant go over 25mph, truck shakes, sounds weird. I have no idea what to do and their customer service is closed for the night. I have work in the morning, any suggestions?
    • By Saabguy
      Hi all, just took delivery of my Suburban and the first thing that jumps out at me is that there is no cover for the owner's manual like the '04 has.  Salesfolk say that GM doesn't use a cover anymore.  Are they lying?
      Thanks,

Lester

• By AndrewSmith21
      Please help I have been to the dealer multiple times in the past few weeks for my 2019 Chevy Colorado. They are struggling to fix this issue and no one really knows how to fix it. It keeps saying the SD card for Navigation has been removed when it hasn't been. I have an iPhone X latest update. The bluetooth comes and goes too when the navigation does. Bluetooth for phone calls will work but music won't play and I have even tried my moms older iPhone and it still does the same thing. The dealership has replaced the SD card, the whole front USB port, and the radio system unit. It still did it today and bluetooth music comes and goes like the SD card reader error for navigation. Any one else experiencing anything on any GM cars?? I also have the latest version of the infotainment system and I'm wondering if the update messed is messing it up like some kind of bug.