Code p2098

Manuel

Verify none of the conditions listed below exist:

P2096 or P2098
  • Air intake duct collapsed or restricted.
  • Air filter dirty or restricted.
  • Contamination of the mass air flow sensor with oil or other foreign material
  • Objects blocking the throttle body.
  • Excessive fuel in the crankcase. Change engine oil as necessary.
  • Rich fuel injectors. Refer to Fuel Injector Diagnosis.
  • Excessive fuel system pressure. Refer to Fuel System Diagnosis.
  • Fuel contamination. Refer to Alcohol/Contaminants-in-Fuel Diagnosis.
  • Fuel saturation of the evaporative emissions (EVAP) canister.
  • Stuck open or leaking EVAP purge valve.
  • Restricted exhaust. Refer to Symptoms - Engine Exhaust.
  • Improper operation of the crankcase ventilation system.

Check, replace O2 then run diagnostics on all of bank 2. I would also check all spark plugs on that side. could be spark related. also you have had this truck from new? There are some issues with burned out cats caused by a engine service flush. 

Let us know when you find out what it was. 

Go to an auto parts store, ask for a quick diagnostic ( should be free )

rent the special socket to replace the 02 sensor before spending so much money at a go.

and like one of the above users said, check your MAF sensor on your intake tubing and if you see the smallest of dented on it. Clean it, they’re very sensitive.

What would I clean it with? also I went to auto zone and that code popped up p2098. I thought it had something to do with the fuel i ran went from 91 to 87 about 3 weeks ago filled twice and check engine light came on. Also about a week ago I was backing out the garage and noticed that I could smell fuel. I cleared the light and it didnt come back on but also i only started the truck for a couple of mins havnt had the chance to drive around.

I’ve used those cans of air used to clean keyboards and I’ve had one that had a small piece of dented in it that caused it to throw a code, I just used a small pick ( snap on sells good pick set for things like these) and knocked it off and the code went away.

yeah you’ll smell fuel if you’re putting any vehicle in the garage. Fuel carports still escape though the cat converters. 

When i I first purchased my truck, I had the issue where I’d get a fault code from all 02 sensors and I had the dealer swap them out. Been fine ever since.