Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

On 2/6/2020 at 1:52 AM, ArcherMP said:

I have different components, but have the same end results with the NAV-TV. I changed the amplifier turn on to "DC Offset" instead of relying on the NAV-TV remote wire. It almost seems like the blue remote wire is losing voltage which is causing the amp to shut off. Granted it has only been a day since I changed to DC Offset but so far seems to be working. Probably will make a fool out of me tomorrow, hehe.

It drives me up the wall that I spent $600 for a device that works intermittently, and has non-existent support resources.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:52 AM, ArcherMP said:

I have different components, but have the same end results with the NAV-TV. I changed the amplifier turn on to "DC Offset" instead of relying on the NAV-TV remote wire. It almost seems like the blue remote wire is losing voltage which is causing the amp to shut off. Granted it has only been a day since I changed to DC Offset but so far seems to be working. Probably will make a fool out of me tomorrow, hehe.

It drives me up the wall that I spent $600 for a device that works intermittently, and has non-existent support resources.

Any update from NavTv yet?

54 minutes ago, ArcherMP said:

Negative.

So I have checked with PAC Audio and they don’t have an Amp Pro for these yet. I got 2 different answers., 1 nothing in the works and 2 should be 1st half of this year.

So are there any differences in the Zen Audio and the Amp Pro?

5 minutes ago, dm1975 said:

So I have checked with PAC Audio and they don’t have an Amp Pro for these yet. I got 2 different answers., 1 nothing in the works and 2 should be 1st half of this year.

So are there any differences in the Zen Audio and the Amp Pro?

Maybe someone was referencing the custom T-Harness from LLJCustoms? (https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=products%2F2014-2019-gm-bose-amp-t-harness)

For Bose systems you could use either t-harness or the Nav-TV Zen AVB-GM (NTV-KIT955), wouldn't need both. 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, ArcherMP said:

Maybe someone was referencing the custom T-Harness from LLJCustoms? (https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=products%2F2014-2019-gm-bose-amp-t-harness)

For Bose systems you could use either t-harness or the Nav-TV Zen AVB-GM (NTV-KIT955), wouldn't need both. 

Yes, I have one of there T-harnesses from my previous 15 Yukon and it works good for adding a sub. Currently I have a 19 HC and really want to “Un Bose” and get a good clean flat signal. I have not figured out how to turn off the “speed regulated volume” on this one. Always seems counterintuitive for the volume to go up with speed and then the bass rolls off with that, really annoying.

Hey guys, just signed up on this site and have some questions about the Nav TV units.

I've got a '20 Sierra 1500 crew with the 7 speaker Bose system, and while louder than the base system, it still seems flat sounding compared to an aftermarket system. My plan is to replace the dash & door speakers, add a couple subs under the rear seat, all run by a 5 channel amp.

I was originally going to go the LLJ Customs route but my installer pushed for the Nav TV and I came to agree with him. However I'm wondering how you guys who've installed one of these units have wired your speakers to the amp. It doesn't look like the Nav TV unit includes a harness for the speakers.

So my question is, are you running new speaker wiring or are you using the factory wiring? If you're using the factory wiring, is there a speaker harness available elsewhere or do you have to tap/splice into the factory wiring? I'm hoping this time around not to have to cut/splice any wiring (that's what they did on my '16 Silverado non Bose system). Any help is appreciated.

On 2/17/2020 at 11:16 PM, JMO76 said:

Hey guys, just signed up on this site and have some questions about the Nav TV units.

I've got a '20 Sierra 1500 crew with the 7 speaker Bose system, and while louder than the base system, it still seems flat sounding compared to an aftermarket system. My plan is to replace the dash & door speakers, add a couple subs under the rear seat, all run by a 5 channel amp.

I was originally going to go the LLJ Customs route but my installer pushed for the Nav TV and I came to agree with him. However I'm wondering how you guys who've installed one of these units have wired your speakers to the amp. It doesn't look like the Nav TV unit includes a harness for the speakers.

So my question is, are you running new speaker wiring or are you using the factory wiring? If you're using the factory wiring, is there a speaker harness available elsewhere or do you have to tap/splice into the factory wiring? I'm hoping this time around not to have to cut/splice any wiring (that's what they did on my '16 Silverado non Bose system). Any help is appreciated.

Looking to do the same thing on my 19 High Country. I was looking at PAC Audio and think they have a GM harness that might be plug and play with a little modification to use the existing factory speaker wires. Anyone have experience with these harnesses?

A few pages back someone mentioned to contact 1pocket73@sbcglobal.net to get a wiring harness to install an aftermarket amplifier in a non-Bose system. Is that email still valid? It keeps getting kicked back when I try it.

6 minutes ago, Steve Loch said:

A few pages back someone mentioned to contact 1pocket73@sbcglobal.net to get a wiring harness to install an aftermarket amplifier in a non-Bose system. Is that email still valid? It keeps getting kicked back when I try it.

Try this link: https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=products%2F2014-2018-gm-t-harness-for-8-screens-without-bose-1418gm8

11 minutes ago, Steve Loch said:

I ended up emailing him and he said he does do speaker harnesses (only the speaker part if you want) and it was around $66 for the Bose speaker harnesses. 

I had originally went with LLJ Customs, but they appear to only do loopback and T-harnesses, which is more than I need and costs more too. That and the fact that getting ahold of them is like pulling teeth. They say 48hrs to receive a reply, but in many cases it's more like a week, sometimes more. And that doesn't seem to change whether it's emailing or texting. I recently sent them a request to cancel my order Monday and it's Thursday and nothing. I don't want to order from the other guy if LLJ refuses to cancel my order, but it's getting to the point I'm going to have to risk it. It just seems ridiculous because they say they don't have anyone manning the phone number they list on their website, but they will accept text messages to that number, which means they have someone manning that number. It's a shake because it seems like they make quality gear, but bad communications can sink a company whether they do quality work or not.

As far as your email getting bounced back, I don't know what to tell you. Mine went through ok, maybe you had a typo in the address?

46 minutes ago, Steve Loch said:

35 minutes ago, Steve Loch said:

I will. Thanks!

I would recommend sticking with John (the email address is correct as you typed it), over LLJ Customs. Way better communication. He made a harness for me with the non-Bose but I am actually going to go a different direction then adding a sub only which is what I had him make for me. If you want, I can sell you my harness that I bought that is ready to go for adding an amp to a non-bose system (teal and almond connectors) with 13 ft of leads. I can e-mail you pictures if needed, just DM me

I would like to thank you guys on this thread that have given me good reviews(I'm John-1pocket). I'm very humbled by your comments and am extremely grateful that you've given me a chance to help you out.

My preferred contact email is [email protected] but if you are having issues with that address then try [email protected]

I know in the past you've read some guys say they've received their order very quickly and sometimes that was the case.However,in recent months my business has really grown and I'm typically not able to deliver so quickly.I don't scratch people's ears,I tell them the truth as I work a full time job(50+ hours a week) and do this harness business on the side so sometimes things can get a bit backed up.But know this,when you order a harness from me you will always get an honest lead time.

Feel free to ask me any questions here and I'll do my best to answer so that it may benefit the whole group.

Edited by JH1973
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JH1973 said:

I would like to thank you guys on this thread that have given me good reviews(I'm John-1pocket). I'm very humbled by your comments and am extremely grateful that you've given me a chance to help you out.

If anybody ever has a problem reaching my email,just try sending me one at [email protected]

I know in the past you've read some guys say they've received their order very quickly and sometimes that was the case.However,in recent months my business has really grown and I'm typically not able to deliver so quickly.I don't scratch people's ears,I tell them the truth as I work a full time job(50+ hours a week) and do this harness business on the side so sometimes things can get a bit backed up.But know this,when you order a harness from me you will always get an honest lead time.

Feel free to ask me any questions here and I'll do my best to answer so that it may benefit the whole group.

Email sent