Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

2 hours ago, ArcherMP said:

I had a single P20f (8") in the center console of my 2018 and it was amazing. No doubt in my mind you will be happy with your choices. Are you running all new speaker wire?

Yes I ran 16g Stinger wire. I have it through the door boots already but just have the front highs coiled underneath the carpet until I install the speakers. 

3 hours ago, LA_33 said:

Focal flax 6.5 components in the front

Focal flax 6.5 coaxials in the rear

Two Focal P30f subwoofers- this is their flax 12"

I had the Focal flax installed as well. Sound great. Along with a 10"Image Dynamics IDQ in a down firing box I built 

I just got off of the phone with Nav TV and they told me they should have  fix by next week.  Of course we shall see if this holds true.  I am waiting on a working oem interface option for my 2020 2500hd with bose.  Nav TV seemed the way to go, but i am not sure.  I have PAC Ampro 4 on my 2016 2500hd and it worked well with a Rockford Fosgate DSR1.  Just like many of you, I have all my equipment minus the interface.  All i can do it watch the clock tick!!!

Joseph

On 3/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, ArcherMP said:

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it too. Do you have any pictures of your setup? 

The blank spot to the right of the amps is where I relocated the rear seat heaters. The Bose amp is gone since I will be using the NAV-TV and everything else stayed in the original location. 

F5C85AC4-7CB3-4315-96BF-514403959547.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/9/2020 at 1:03 AM, JH1973 said:

If you take that to a dealer to have the problem fixed be sure to pull all of your audio gear and cover up those wire splices as good as you can because you have voided the electrical warranty and possibly the entire vehicle warranty by splicing into the wiring.

Well, I lucked out.  I purchased an OBDII reader and reset the codes. I've now driven it about a dozen times, and the codes did not reappear.  Since then, I've hooked the amp back up without any issue.  I do appreciate the recommendation though.

Not to thread jack this. Here is my current issue.

I have a 2019 LTZ with bose. Back in november i had a local car audio place install a JL stealthbox. I was at the time using my old Focal 1.800 amp.  In the middle of january, i had an update on my factory head unit. It installed the update while i was at work. When i went to get in the truck after work, system turned on but no base from the subs. Come to find out, my focal amp had died. Fast forward 7 weeks and i have a new JL 750 HD amp installed. They are having one hell of a time getting it to sync up. If the volume gets turned up too far, it starts clipping the system, and then shuts off to protect the speakers. This is really annoying. I know have over 2500 spent and can not listen to my music very loud. Any ideas from you all on why this would be happening? Is it a bad amp? is the update to the factory unit creating all the problems?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, GarretAK said:

Not to thread jack this. Here is my current issue.

I have a 2019 LTZ with bose. Back in november i had a local car audio place install a JL stealthbox. I was at the time using my old Focal 1.800 amp.  In the middle of january, i had an update on my factory head unit. It installed the update while i was at work. When i went to get in the truck after work, system turned on but no base from the subs. Come to find out, my focal amp had died. Fast forward 7 weeks and i have a new JL 750 HD amp installed. They are having one hell of a time getting it to sync up. If the volume gets turned up too far, it starts clipping the system, and then shuts off to protect the speakers. This is really annoying. I know have over 2500 spent and can not listen to my music very loud. Any ideas from you all on why this would be happening? Is it a bad amp? is the update to the factory unit creating all the problems?

Fuse blown? Check the ground?

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2019/07/24/how-to-diagnose-electrical-ground-issues/

Personally I'd suspect either the install shop or the update to the head unit.

For the install shop, the original amp died while it was in their possession, and now the new amp is clipping when the volume is supposedly too high. That to me sounds like they have the gains set too high and the amp is shutting down to protect itself. When my shop did my last system, they asked me which source I listened to most (CD, USB, radio, or satellite radio) and set the level for that input (what I've noticed is that satellite radio has a stronger input signal than the other inputs, so I can't turn that one up as much as the others). Either way, it shouldn't be that hard to set the gains for that amp (unless those JL amps have oddities that require a different setup than standard amps). The only other explanation would be you're turning the head unit up higher than the shop recommends.

The other cause could be the update for the head unit, and I only say that because that occured at the same time this started. I've never had a head unit that required updates (my last aftermarket head unit was about 10 years ago) so I don't have much experience with that.

Just my $.02

Thank you for your feedback.

It is not an aftermarket head unit. It is the stock infotainment system. I was originally at v805 and it updated to v807, thats when my focal amp bit the dust. I'm thinking it has to be from the update. Don't really want to spend the money for the nav.tv unit, but if its a must then its a must.

1 hour ago, GarretAK said:

Thank you for your feedback.

It is not an aftermarket head unit. It is the stock infotainment system. I was originally at v805 and it updated to v807, thats when my focal amp bit the dust. I'm thinking it has to be from the update. Don't really want to spend the money for the nav.tv unit, but if its a must then its a must.

I would suggest marking where the gain is set on the amp, and then lowering it a bit at a time and see it that solves the problem. Unless you got a bad amplifier, clipping generally means that a gain is set too high. That's also a reason I was suspecting the install shop. Setting gains is not difficult, and there shouldn't be any reason they're struggling to get them set right. When I used to do my own systems in my younger years, I used to set them by ear and never had an issue with clipping. And it's not like that amp is overdriving your subs either. So to me that seems suspect.