Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

I finally took a day and fixed my issue the installer I paid to wire it used the signal from the rear door speakers for the woofers and it sounded like complete garbage so took the center console out and removed the factory woofer and used that signal And now it sounds amazing. I was contemplating selling all of it and starting over but now am totally happy. I’m gonna upgrade the dash and door speakers next. 

DEF11697-1BA7-421F-9E3A-A16FCA381392.jpeg

5CE8A77C-D9C1-4CC2-AD51-2D44536C1D61.jpeg

I have a bad navtv unit, after about 40 mins or so I get some static in the system, it goes away after I shut everything down for a few minutes.  I messaged the navtv support team and they asked when I bought it, I said 4/10/20 he said it needs to be exchanged.  I had to buy a new one and then send the old one back for a refund.   Hope that corrects it, $600 is alot to spend to on something that isn't perfect.  But if you want to play with the newest tech, you have to be willing to work through some bugs.

Ill keep you guys posted.

12 hours ago, Michael Huddleson said:

I have a bad navtv unit, after about 40 mins or so I get some static in the system, it goes away after I shut everything down for a few minutes.  I messaged the navtv support team and they asked when I bought it, I said 4/10/20 he said it needs to be exchanged.  I had to buy a new one and then send the old one back for a refund.   Hope that corrects it, $600 is alot to spend to on something that isn't perfect.  But if you want to play with the newest tech, you have to be willing to work through some bugs.

Ill keep you guys posted.

I’ve just finished the exchange on my unit.  I had the same problem, dropped volume and static.  I installed the new unit and it caused loud popping noises periodically, especially with rapid changes in the volume up or down.  I thought I had a bad connection or frayed wire but checked everything and found nothing wrong.  Turns out the new unit they sent needed new files.  Tony from NAVTV helped me install the new files last night and everything now works perfectly.  So hang in there but be warned if the new unit doesn’t have the newest files you’ll need to update it.  The popping noise sounds like a rock hitting the windshield...a little unnerving.

12 hours ago, TNAT4 said:

I’ve just finished the exchange on my unit.  I had the same problem, dropped volume and static.  I installed the new unit and it caused loud popping noises periodically, especially with rapid changes in the volume up or down.  I thought I had a bad connection or frayed wire but checked everything and found nothing wrong.  Turns out the new unit they sent needed new files.  Tony from NAVTV helped me install the new files last night and everything now works perfectly.  So hang in there but be warned if the new unit doesn’t have the newest files you’ll need to update it.  The popping noise sounds like a rock hitting the windshield...a little unnerving.

I’m glad to hear they resolved your issues. I bought mine in December so I’m assuming it needs to be replaced. After a few weeks it has only dropped the volume and then staticky twice but like others have said for $600 it should work perfect.

Another issue I’m having is the volume knob. Just one click from mute or all the way down is way too loud. One click has the loudness you need when driving on a rough or loud road. My door chimes are perfect. I have an audio control amp with a dsp and the gains are tuned perfect. Not too high. Not sure if it’s the NAV-TV unit causing this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 8:23 PM, TNAT4 said:

Well I spoke too soon.  While the popping noise is gone, it’s back to dropping the volume.  This is the replacement unit with supposedly upgraded chip and new files.  I’m thinking the Zen from NAVTV isn’t ready for our trucks...at least not mine.  I’m going to just live with hitting the reset button when it drops the volume.  At least the loud popping noise has resolved.

17 hours ago, TNAT4 said:

Well I spoke too soon.  While the popping noise is gone, it’s back to dropping the volume.  This is the replacement unit with supposedly upgraded chip and new files.  I’m thinking the Zen from NAVTV isn’t ready for our trucks...at least not mine.  I’m going to just live with hitting the reset button when it drops the volume.  At least the loud popping noise has resolved.

What reset button?

I got mine in and replaced it wednesday, I still have to send the old one back...

I have to pay shipping there

and I had to prepay the replacement....   If this one doesn't work, I am going to be livid....

Are there any other solutions if this fails....

Knock on wood mine keeps going the new one had been working for 2 whole days.

48 minutes ago, Michael Huddleson said:

What reset button?

I got mine in and replaced it wednesday, I still have to send the old one back...

I have to pay shipping there

and I had to prepay the replacement....   If this one doesn't work, I am going to be livid....

Are there any other solutions if this fails....

Knock on wood mine keeps going the new one had been working for 2 whole days.

My installer put in a toggle switch to kill the power to it, so basic reset button.  That corrects the problem short term.  Let me know if yours works.  I also had to pay return shipping, which is ridiculous of course

Exploid,no it doesn't. There are 4 different types of non-Bose systems and they are all self amplified.

On another note, I have read a lot of posts on here about this NavTv unit for the Bose systems and I must say that for the money people pay for these(in the $600 range) the performance seems very poor. That is disappointing because I was thinking that was definitely the way to go as far as upgrading an entire system in a truck with the factory Bose. Seemed way better than getting post amp signals.

I think maybe that company should have thoroughly tested the unit before releasing it to the public.

Edited by JH1973