Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

On 6/1/2020 at 11:10 PM, JH1973 said:

Exploid,no it doesn't. There are 4 different types of non-Bose systems and they are all self amplified.

On another note, I have read a lot of posts on here about this NavTv unit for the Bose systems and I must say that for the money people pay for these(in the $600 range) the performance seems very poor. That is disappointing because I was thinking that was definitely the way to go as far as upgrading an entire system in a truck with the factory Bose. Seemed way better than getting post amp signals.

I think maybe that company should have thoroughly tested the unit before releasing it to the public.

Cool Thanks!!! 

i hate the audio on he truck. going to start by flipping the speakers an do the rest in phases.   Just wasnt sure if there was an factory amp/sub already in there. 

appreciate the response

NAV-TV has my unit right now. Instead of buying a new one I shipped mine to them to repair. And now I’m reading you guys with the “updated” version are having basically the same issues as before. Paying $600 for this is ridiculous. They obviously have no solution yet. I know we will never get a refund. I am stuck now. I replaced the front and rear door speakers as well as the highs in the dash with components, ran new speaker wire (kept the stock intact though), and built an amp rack and subwoofer enclosure and can’t even listen to it. I have a ton of hours invested and no return. I designed this system around the NAV-TV unit for the cleanest signal possible instead of using the inputs on the Audio Control amp. They need to get this resolved for us.

I just picked up my 2020 AT4 2 days ago.  I'm quite impressed by the audio. Music is bright, and bass is strong. 

By comparison, when I bought my 2015 Challenger, the audio was horrible. At 90% volume, the sound doesn't compare at all to my AT4 at maybe 50%.

GM and Bose did a good job in my opinion.

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:57 PM, LA_33 said:

NAV-TV has my unit right now. Instead of buying a new one I shipped mine to them to repair. And now I’m reading you guys with the “updated” version are having basically the same issues as before. Paying $600 for this is ridiculous. They obviously have no solution yet. I know we will never get a refund. I am stuck now. I replaced the front and rear door speakers as well as the highs in the dash with components, ran new speaker wire (kept the stock intact though), and built an amp rack and subwoofer enclosure and can’t even listen to it. I have a ton of hours invested and no return. I designed this system around the NAV-TV unit for the cleanest signal possible instead of using the inputs on the Audio Control amp. They need to get this resolved for us.

Man I hope mine works, I just got  a Nav-Tv and getting ready to install soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I received my NAV-TV unit back from them in 8 days.  I reinstalled it, and so far it is working perfect.  The loud volume issue has been resolved as well as the sound dropping and creating a staticky signal.  I am hoping it will continue to work with no issues.  NAV-TV is very friendly and helpful on the phone.  Their customer service is top notch.  I will keep everyone updated if it keeps working or if a problem occurs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, LA_33 said:

I received my NAV-TV unit back from them in 8 days.  I reinstalled it, and so far it is working perfect.  The loud volume issue has been resolved as well as the sound dropping and creating a staticky signal.  I am hoping it will continue to work with no issues.  NAV-TV is very friendly and helpful on the phone.  Their customer service is top notch.  I will keep everyone updated if it keeps working or if a problem occurs.

Any update, good or bad? I'd really like to get a NAV-TV, but only if they get the issues under control, otherwise I'll have to go with a JL Audio Fix86. It looks like you've had almost 2 weeks with your replacement, still going good?

15 hours ago, JMO76 said:

Any update, good or bad? I'd really like to get a NAV-TV, but only if they get the issues under control, otherwise I'll have to go with a JL Audio Fix86. It looks like you've had almost 2 weeks with your replacement, still going good?

Yes it is still going good. No sound drops or bad signal. Sounds great and really clear. If you want the best sound possible, a DSP is a must. There is no comparison in sound. The EQ in the stock head unit is not adequate to get a perfectly tuned system.  But I feel like NAV-TV has addressed the issues and I can recommend it now. 

Editing this the one day after I posted I said it was perfect for two weeks.  Funny how things work. Today I started my truck and the door chimes sounded like a CD skipping with a scratchy signal (very brief- split second). Played music through my phone, SiriusXm, and the same. It plays clear for a few minutes then for a split second it has this strange sound then back to normal. I am speechless now.  Like I said in another post, I cannot give up bc I have reconfigured the entire sound system, so I’m stuck.

Edited by LA_33

22 hours ago, LA_33 said:

Yes it is still going good. No sound drops or bad signal. Sounds great and really clear. If you want the best sound possible, a DSP is a must. There is no comparison in sound. The EQ in the stock head unit is not adequate to get a perfectly tuned system.  But I feel like NAV-TV has addressed the issues and I can recommend it now. 

Editing this the one day after I posted I said it was perfect for two weeks.  Funny how things work. Today I started my truck and the door chimes sounded like a CD skipping with a scratchy signal (very brief- split second). Played music through my phone, SiriusXm, and the same. It plays clear for a few minutes then for a split second it has this strange sound then back to normal. I am speechless now.  Like I said in another post, I cannot give up bc I have reconfigured the entire sound system, so I’m stuck.

Same here, I’ve had the same problem you describe even with the “new” unit.  My contact at NAVTV no longer responds to my emails.  I have a reset switch under my dash that reboots it every time there’s a problem and that fixes it but this shouldn’t happen.  Very frustrating.

57 minutes ago, TNAT4 said:

Same here, I’ve had the same problem you describe even with the “new” unit.  My contact at NAVTV no longer responds to my emails.  I have a reset switch under my dash that reboots it every time there’s a problem and that fixes it but this shouldn’t happen.  Very frustrating.

In 2 weeks it has only happened once, but you are correct, it should not happen at all.  But mine resets when I turn the ignition off and then back on.

We are out $600. I have not confirmed this, just an assumption; when PAC comes out with an Amp Pro interface for these trucks I will be buying it immediately. 

On 6/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, SoCalPlag said:

stock audio sounds dead and hollow.  

Just my take on the stock audio for my 2019 Custom.  It actually sounds pretty good....with eq and using your phone (not FM radio).  EQ is the secret.  The bass pumps pretty well and it is doesn't break up easily.  Clarity would be my issue and probably fixed with speaker upgrade.  But it isn't that big of an issue.  Compared to the last 2 vehicles I drove (2014 Equinox Pioneer system with sub and 2017 Grand Caravan GT with 9 speaker system and sub) the basic Silverado stereo sounds better.  Just FM radio is only okay, but I use my phone 99% of the time so I don't care. 

As for the eq, it goes against what "audiophiles" like to do, but I found the system to have too much mids.  I set the bass to +4, and cut the mids leaving the highs flat.  In fact, I was going to add on the factory sub but really don't see a need to do so (and I'm a bass player for my weekend gig).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Big Sky Eric said:

Just my take on the stock audio for my 2019 Custom.  It actually sounds pretty good....with eq and using your phone (not FM radio).  EQ is the secret.  The bass pumps pretty well and it is doesn't break up easily.  Clarity would be my issue and probably fixed with speaker upgrade.  But it isn't that big of an issue.  Compared to the last 2 vehicles I drove (2014 Equinox Pioneer system with sub and 2017 Grand Caravan GT with 9 speaker system and sub) the basic Silverado stereo sounds better.  Just FM radio is only okay, but I use my phone 99% of the time so I don't care. 

As for the eq, it goes against what "audiophiles" like to do, but I found the system to have too much mids.  I set the bass to +4, and cut the mids leaving the highs flat.  In fact, I was going to add on the factory sub but really don't see a need to do so (and I'm a bass player for my weekend gig).

Same here. I have a 2020 custom with a bottom of the barrel radio. The FM was horrendous. My 03 didn't have blue tooth before, after about a week of the crap, I finally started playing music off my Amazon account. HUGE difference off the phone. I suspect the speakers are tuned for clear cell calls, the FM be damned. Maybe it's also GMs nod to serious satellite service? Also, it's unfortunate that the phone has to be plugged in for other features. Waze is great off the phone or go to your other favorite satellite imaging. GM should do away with their nav these days anyway. Push hot spot technology in the vehicle with stronger signals and they will come. Hell, I hear iPhones track everybody for free now, anyway.

Edited by Stand By
  • Like 1