Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

On 7/9/2020 at 3:28 PM, Michael Huddleson said:

There is a new update out for the navtv, supposed to cure our issues

posted 2 days ago

Did you install it?  If so, did it solve the problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck with 100% drop-in replacement speakers for the 8" non-bose setup? I'm doing a subwoofer soon and for an extra couple hundred bucks it probably wouldn't hurt to replace the 6 speakers and run it off the stock amp

• 3 weeks later...

Nav Tv is the biggest piece of ******. I’m having to go back to the stock Bose amp because they sold us something that doesn’t work no matter what you do. I switched fromToslink to RCA. Worked for a few days and now I have nothing. I’m over it. We’ve done all their updates. They don’t work. Do Not Use NAV TV

On 8/14/2020 at 8:59 AM, Mike Borowski said:

Anyone replace the BOSE speakers only?  It's a weird OHM right?  So if you use 3-4OHM you're going to lose power right?

I think the Bose speakers are 8 ohm.  You may damage the Bose amp with lower ohm rated speakers.  Can someone verify the ohm rating of the factory Bose speakers?

On 8/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, Mojonito said:

Apparently  you can lower them via the truck menu 

I found the setting for this but it wont let me adjust it any lower, just higher and is set to the middle. 

• 3 weeks later...

So are the issues still persisting with the NavTV units? I'd prefer to go with before the amp solution, but right now they're the only game in town. I just talked with Pac Audio, and they don't have anything yet for the 2019-20 GM trucks and had no idea if they'd even have anything this year. None of the other similar oems like Maestro or Metra have anything for the amplified applications.

If NavTV is still having issues my only options are after amp solutions like the JL Audio Fix 86 or Audison Bit Ten.

So are the issues still persisting with the NavTV units? I'd prefer to go with before the amp solution, but right now they're the only game in town. I just talked with Pac Audio, and they don't have anything yet for the 2019-20 GM trucks and had no idea if they'd even have anything this year. None of the other similar oems like Maestro or Metra have anything for the amplified applications.

If NavTV is still having issues my only options are after amp solutions like the JL Audio Fix 86 or Audison Bit Ten.

They work. Some minor issues remain but it’s way better than the other options and sound 10x better than them.
I’m calling mine quirks rather than issues. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Chewpeg said:

They work. Some minor issues remain but it’s way better than the other options and sound 10x better than them.
I’m calling mine quirks rather than issues. emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I ask is the last person to talk about the NavTV system, Ecroofing01, essentially said don't buy them because they can't keep up with their issues. From what he's describing, it's sounds more like issues than quirks, when the unit outputs no sound. My installer suggested the ampPRO from Pac Audio, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to put out a similar product. 

The reason I want to get it right the first time is that I don't live in a city that I can just pop over to a shop if I'm having issues. I live about 80 miles from the nearest stereo installer and they're the only stereo shop in that city, which is the case for most of my state. There's only about 3 cities that have more than one installer, but they're about 130-200 miles away. And being without sound isn't an option.

I've already replaced all the speakers except for the sub (Hertz Audio in the doors and Pioneer tweeters in the dash), and right now it sounds worse than it was stock. They're better speakers, but they're running off a signal processing that Bose did for their own speakers. So right now I have to turn the bass to about -7 just to not have it sound boomy. I had almost the exact same setup in my 2016 Silverado, and all we did was put LOC's in to feed amps with those same speakers. After I took out the sub to trade it in, the system sounded better without a sub than this one does with it. I believe that's due to Bose's signal processing.

I wish GM would get away from this mindset that you shouldn't try to upgrade the sound system, or at the very least give you the option of deleting the Bose system from the package it's bundled in. There were other things in the package I wanted, just not the Bose because I knew it was going to be a headache to deal with installing an aftermarket stereo in it's place.