Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

My truck came with the plastic cargo organizer under the back seat. Part of me wants to keep the storage it provides but it’s preventing me from getting a subwoofer under there. 
Any boxes out there or set ups to save storage space and get a sub??

Also, shop quoted me at 1700 for Alpine type R 6.5in comp (front) and coaxial (in the back), 5 channel amp by JL, JL 8inch sub with enclosure,lc7 converter and labor. 
I think it’s a fair deal. Opinions??

14 hours ago, Alberto Aguirre said:

My truck came with the plastic cargo organizer under the back seat. Part of me wants to keep the storage it provides but it’s preventing me from getting a subwoofer under there. 
Any boxes out there or set ups to save storage space and get a sub??

Also, shop quoted me at 1700 for Alpine type R 6.5in comp (front) and coaxial (in the back), 5 channel amp by JL, JL 8inch sub with enclosure,lc7 converter and labor. 
I think it’s a fair deal. Opinions??

I currently have a vinyl wrapped box in place with a single Diamond Audio 10 and an ARC 5 channel amplifier... and I hate it. They put the amp on the passenger side and put the half length box behind the driver seat. It completely defeats the purpose of keeping partial storage. 

I have been eyeing this: https://mtiacoustics.com/product/mti-acoustics-enclosure-upgrade-on-enclosure-amplifier-mounting-will-not-work-for-ported-enclosures/

If you can live with a single subwoofer, MTI has a full length box with a storage cubby & integrated amp enclosure. I am going with the JL VX1000 5 channel & the JL 13TW5 sub. I currently have Focal Door speakers & Kenwood Excelon Dash Speakers.

2 hours ago, ArcherMP said:

I currently have a vinyl wrapped box in place with a single Diamond Audio 10 and an ARC 5 channel amplifier... and I hate it. They put the amp on the passenger side and put the half length box behind the driver seat. It completely defeats the purpose of keeping partial storage. 

I have been eyeing this: https://mtiacoustics.com/product/mti-acoustics-enclosure-upgrade-on-enclosure-amplifier-mounting-will-not-work-for-ported-enclosures/

If you can live with a single subwoofer, MTI has a full length box with a storage cubby & integrated amp enclosure. I am going with the JL VX1000 5 channel & the JL 13TW5 sub. I currently have Focal Door speakers & Kenwood Excelon Dash Speakers.

I have never heard of focal until I was at the shop the other day. My mind was set on the type Rs but the sales man was pitching me the focals. I don’t know anything about them. That set up you linked me is nice. But, I want a smaller sub. I used to be a 2 12s type of guy but now I’m looking like a 10inch. 

I just ordered my harness from John real nice guy answered all the questions I had. Now I have a question for you guys The plastic door trim pieces to get under the carpet the just pull up right?  Thank you guys 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, Alberto Aguirre said:

I have never heard of focal until I was at the shop the other day. My mind was set on the type Rs but the sales man was pitching me the focals. I don’t know anything about them. That set up you linked me is nice. But, I want a smaller sub. I used to be a 2 12s type of guy but now I’m looking like a 10inch. 

I’ve never been a 12 type guy I’ve always liked the tighter sounds of 10’s. I bought the ground shaker box off eBay it holds 2 10’s or you can get one that holds 2 12’s.

3 hours ago, tomleo67 said:

can anyone steer me to an amp for my CTB door speakers... which I already upgraded? do I need special interfacing parts for factory head unit?

As said earlier in the thread contct John at [email protected]

he makes the harnesses so no cutting required I just bought my sub harness with the lci2 this weekend 

7 hours ago, drewbiehd said:

I have a harness with the aqua plug if anyone is interested. Don't have the truck any longer. $80 shipped.

I'm def interested if this is what I need to add an amp?

9 hours ago, greco2003 said:

To access the corner speakers in the dash do the grills just pry up or are the some bolts to remove ?? Thank you 

You have to remove the A pillars first before you can pry up the dash speaker covers.

2 hours ago, tomleo67 said:

I'm def interested if this is what I need to add an amp?

It will work if you have the IOR infotainment system.There are 5 other system types(IO5-IO6-IOB-IOS-IOU) and if you have one of them then his harness will not work.

4 minutes ago, JH1973 said:

It will work if you have the IOR infotainment system.There are 5 other system types(IO5-IO6-IOB-IOS-IOU) and if you have one of them then his harness will not work.

I have no idea which one I have...