Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

1 hour ago, thsoccer3 said:

Can anyone verify the 2019 Bose doors are all 6.5” round? Thinking of replacing the front with 6.5” Focal AS165 component and rear with 6.5” Focal AC165 coaxial. 

Yes they are 6.5" speakers. You will still need speaker adapters to install them  

5 hours ago, Buddy A said:

Does just replacing the speakers make a noticeable improvement?

It makes a difference if your gonna Amplify the truck with aftermarket amps. If you gonna still use the Bose System, I wouldn't bother. The bose system speakers are a different impedance, 2 Ohm if i Remember.This is one of those projects that can get Pricey.

• Like 1

It makes a difference if your gonna Amplify the truck with aftermarket amps. If you gonna still use the Bose System, I wouldn't bother. The bose system speakers are a different impedance, 2 Ohm if i Remember.This is one of those projects that can get Pricey.

Yup 2 in the front 4ohm in the rear.
If you do a bare minimum just add a subwoofer. Sounds real good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just adding new speakers is a waste of time and money.You'll hear very little,if any improvement in the sound.Aftermarket speakers need a good amplifier to shine.Like Chewpeg said,just adding a subwoofer and amp will dramatically improve the sound and it is not that difficult to do.

I hear a noticeable difference with my JL 6x9’s and infinity dash speakers using the rest of the oem system. Less distortion but the timing is off so I just set the balance a bit heavier on the right side to even it out. Wife doesn’t complain so it’s all good.

Adding a sub is a must IMO before anything else. The stock Bose one is ok for a stock stereo but sucks if you’ve ever heard a half way decent setup. 

Edited by dw91

Get the Lc2i or a dsp (is go dsp personally). When I added my sub the shop used a basic LOC and it was just “meh”. Not what I expected from a JL 12TW3. I added a gain controller knob to the amp and again it was only a slight improvement. Added a Dayton audio dsp for $200 and it brought the sub to life!

Your limited to what the oem stereo puts out as far as signal voltage without some way of turning up the voltage to the amp it. The dsp fixes that and allows you to tune the sub and expand later if you choose to do so. 

Get the Lc2i or a dsp (is go dsp personally). When I added my sub the shop used a basic LOC and it was just “meh”. Not what I expected from a JL 12TW3. I added a gain controller knob to the amp and again it was only a slight improvement. Added a Dayton audio dsp for $200 and it brought the sub to life!

Your limited to what the oem stereo puts out as far as signal voltage without some way of turning up the voltage to the amp it. The dsp fixes that and allows you to tune the sub and expand later if you choose to do so. 

Thank you. Have any rec’s on an adequate dsp? My sub is a Rockford Fosgate p300-10” (300 watts).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 4:15 PM, NuggZ7 said:

I Personally do not like Bose products. I just installed a 5 chanel JL Audio amp along with a 12” JL Audio sub / box that fits underneath the seat perfectly 

PLEASE HELP, I have the XDR700 with LC7i and cannot figure out where to tap into for the amp and for the line out converter, Im not using a bypass harness but I do know all the wire colors etc.