Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

12 hours ago, Sotxdenali said:

Hey, anyone know how to lower the chime volume if using a jl audio fix 86?  Man I was about to jump out through the window when it went off.

Everything I’ve read about overly loud chimes has to do with your gain being set too high.  

Agree with others that amp gains are the culprit to loud chimes.The best thing is to use a line converter or DSP that is capable of pumping enough signal voltage into the amp inputs so that the gains don't need to be turned up at all.

For example,say the amplifiers input sensitivity range is 500mv- 4v.You'd want the DSP or line converter sending as close to 4v to the amp inputs as possible.

2 hours ago, Konnekt1 said:

Has anyone done a non Bose system with a 5 channel amp to run doors and 1 subwoofer? How did you hook everything to the factory deck?

Get a harness made up from [email protected] 
I got mine in a timely manner and it’s nicely built. I’m not sure how it works with the non-Bose but he can answer your questions.

5 hours ago, Konnekt1 said:

Has anyone done a non Bose system with a 5 channel amp to run doors and 1 subwoofer? How did you hook everything to the factory deck?

Just like dw91 said get it from John [email protected]. I have a non Bose system and he custom made me a harness for my needs. Really good person to work with. He answered ALL my emails. This guy is legit!!

Haven’t installed everything yet I’m still waiting for parts. So far I replaced all door speakers and I’m not happy with it. I’m going to run 2 amps with a LC7I. A 4 channel amp to my door speakers & 1 mono amp to a single 12” sub

Haven’t installed everything yet I’m still waiting for parts. So far I replaced all door speakers and I’m not happy with it. I’m going to run 2 amps with a LC7I. A 4 channel amp to my door speakers & 1 mono amp to a single 12” sub

On 10/12/2019 at 7:19 PM, Sotxdenali said:

Hey, anyone know how to lower the chime volume if using a jl audio fix 86?  Man I was about to jump out through the window when it went off.

I am Running an all JL system including the Fix. You can turn down the chime volume in the factory settings. It works Flawless !

3 hours ago, Zelas said:

I am Running an all JL system including the Fix. You can turn down the chime volume in the factory settings. It works Flawless !

Thanks everyone, yes Zelas, you’re right that’s all I had to do, adjusted the vehicles factory settings and the chimes came back to normal