Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

Hello everyone,

I’m starting an Audio build for my 2019 Silverado RST without Bose and 8” screen. I’m installing Focal K2 Power components up front, Focal K2 Power coaxials in the rear doors, 12w7 in a ported enclosure. Driven by an Audio Control LC8i Line output converter, D-6.1200 Dsp amp, and the Audio Control LC-1.1500 driving the 12w7. I’m still planning this out but I intend on starting and likely finishing it this weekend. Well mostly anyway. I ordered the loop harness From LLJ customs. He didn’t include ACM speaker outputs for the dash tweeters. Just the four doors. Which is fine. I can fine them manually with a DVOM, but would rather have it ironed out before hand. Has anyone seen a 2019 Non Bose wiring diagram? I’ve looked all over for one. I can’t find one. I’m taking pictures. I’ve already got the rear seat out and amp rack built. There was absolutely nothing mounted on the rear wall of my truck so there is tons of room. And the seat comes out in minutes easily. If anyone has seen a 2019 wiring diagram please let me know! Thanks....Dave

25 minutes ago, DScott3370 said:

Hello everyone,

I’m starting an Audio build for my 2019 Silverado RST without Bose and 8” screen. I’m installing Focal K2 Power components up front, Focal K2 Power coaxials in the rear doors, 12w7 in a ported enclosure. Driven by an Audio Control LC8i Line output converter, D-6.1200 Dsp amp, and the Audio Control LC-1.1500 driving the 12w7. I’m still planning this out but I intend on starting and likely finishing it this weekend. Well mostly anyway. I ordered the loop harness From LLJ customs. He didn’t include ACM speaker outputs for the dash tweeters. Just the four doors. Which is fine. I can fine them manually with a DVOM, but would rather have it ironed out before hand. Has anyone seen a 2019 Non Bose wiring diagram? I’ve looked all over for one. I can’t find one. I’m taking pictures. I’ve already got the rear seat out and amp rack built. There was absolutely nothing mounted on the rear wall of my truck so there is tons of room. And the seat comes out in minutes easily. If anyone has seen a 2019 wiring diagram please let me know! Thanks....Dave

I’m still fighting with a aug 27th purchase thru Llj Customs. My backseat is therefore not back in yet. Had a similar setup as you are doing but have decided to go minidsp 8x12 with a MMATS amp. If I ever get my money back from those (add bad words here).

Sorry don’t know where the wires are. Somewhere by passenger feet from what I’ve read. 

Did you soundproof at all. I think that will be key too. 

On 9/2/2019 at 11:17 AM, 2019RSTSilverado said:

Has anyone come out with a plug and play system other than the LLJ company? They are hard to deal with and will take over a month to get the part in. 

I ordered on the 8th and the harness arrived today. Missing tweeter inputs. But it arrived. Non Bose RST 

28 minutes ago, Chewpeg said:

I’m still fighting with a aug 27th purchase thru Llj Customs. My backseat is therefore not back in yet. Had a similar setup as you are doing but have decided to go minidsp 8x12 with a MMATS amp. If I ever get my money back from those (add bad words here).

Sorry don’t know where the wires are. Somewhere by passenger feet from what I’ve read. 

Did you soundproof at all. I think that will be key too. 

From what I’ve heard he doesn’t give refunds. I know a lot of people have had issues with LLJ. I did some research on him. He is a one man band build the stuff in his residence garage. I did receive mine, though missing the tweeter inputs. I’m going to disassemble the harness and map out all of the wiring before I plug it in. Gonna take an hour with a DVOM but better than burning up the factory ACM. Yes I’m sound deadening. Rear wall and doors. I see no point in doing the floor with the carpet and the entire floor rubber floor mats. 

12 minutes ago, DScott3370 said:

From what I’ve heard he doesn’t give refunds. I know a lot of people have had issues with LLJ. I did some research on him. He is a one man band build the stuff in his residence garage. I did receive mine, though missing the tweeter inputs. I’m going to disassemble the harness and map out all of the wiring before I plug it in. Gonna take an hour with a DVOM but better than burning up the factory ACM. Yes I’m sound deadening. Rear wall and doors. I see no point in doing the floor with the carpet and the entire floor rubber floor mats. 

Ya at first I thought good things but after waiting 24 days after spending 1500 bucks I’ve moved on. It’s no way to run a business and I cannot support this kind of behaviour. I have PayPal and Amex working on this for me now. Lol yay!!! I hoped for good things. Talked to that john guy and he made and sent me a harness in less than a week... answered all my questions and was very professional about it. That I can support!! 

I sound deadened my entire truck!!! Even the headliner. Lol waaaay overboard. 

So I guess since you don’t have Bose you should have a better signal to process thru the DSP I am really worried about what my oem Bose amp is going to do the signal. Super exciting and really want to keep going here. If it wasn’t for that guy in a garage being shady. 

Why did you get the line out converter when the DSP in the amp does that exact same thing and it’ll give you the sub out? 

2 hours ago, DScott3370 said:

Hello everyone,

Your front dash tweeters are wired in parallel with your front door woofers.The factory just puts some type of cheap resistor inline by the tweeter for a HP. Your system has 4 outputs (2 front and 2 rear)....no independent Tweeter outputs.

Let me know if you need a wiring diagram for it,I can help you out.PM me here

Edited by JH1973

5 hours ago, JH1973 said:

Your front dash tweeters are wired in parallel with your front door woofers.The factory just puts some type of cheap resistor inline by the tweeter for a HP. Your system has 4 outputs (2 front and 2 rear)....no independent Tweeter outputs.

Let me know if you need a wiring diagram for it,I can help you out.PM me here

Well then that makes it easier. I appreciate the information very much!

7 hours ago, Chewpeg said:

Ya at first I thought good things but after waiting 24 days after spending 1500 bucks I’ve moved on. It’s no way to run a business and I cannot support this kind of behaviour. I have PayPal and Amex working on this for me now. Lol yay!!! I hoped for good things. Talked to that john guy and he made and sent me a harness in less than a week... answered all my questions and was very professional about it. That I can support!! 

I sound deadened my entire truck!!! Even the headliner. Lol waaaay overboard. 

So I guess since you don’t have Bose you should have a better signal to process thru the DSP I am really worried about what my oem Bose amp is going to do the signal. Super exciting and really want to keep going here. If it wasn’t for that guy in a garage being shady. 

Why did you get the line out converter when the DSP in the amp does that exact same thing and it’ll give you the sub out? 

Honestly, the LC8i is overkill. You are correct. I may not actually install it. I’ve been asking myself the same thing...

7 hours ago, DScott3370 said:

Honestly, the LC8i is overkill. You are correct. I may not actually install it. I’ve been asking myself the same thing...

Yeah,if your DSP has HL inputs then adding an LC8 is kind of a waste.Why risk putting something else in the electrical chain that can possibly cause noise when it is unnecessary?

2 hours ago, JH1973 said:

Yeah,if your DSP has HL inputs then adding an LC8 is kind of a waste.Why risk putting something else in the electrical chain that can possibly cause noise when it is unnecessary?

My thinking was that I could input from the ACM to The LC8I and then RCA LC8i to the Amplifier. I also like the manual level control of the LC8i for each channel. But yeah I hear you.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:20 PM, white94rx said:

Looks like crutchfield has updated their website and now lists speaker sizes for the T1 trucks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

so are 6.5 a direct fit for the doors? 2-3/4 dash? anybody confirm this before I buy?

4 hours ago, tomleo67 said:

so are 6.5 a direct fit for the doors? 2-3/4 dash? anybody confirm this before I buy?

If you back through this discussion then you will pictures and measurements that I posted. You can fit 6.5"s in the doors with the correct speaker brackets and as for the dash, it is identical to previous years so keep in mind that you may need to trim depending on the speaker you decide. I flush mounted my tweeters in the sails and have been very happy with my setup

20190827_153711.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ericruiz911 said:

If you back through this discussion then you will pictures and measurements that I posted. You can fit 6.5"s in the doors with the correct speaker brackets and as for the dash, it is identical to previous years so keep in mind that you may need to trim depending on the speaker you decide. I flush mounted my tweeters in the sails and have been very happy with my setup

20190827_153711.jpg

thanks eric, so are you saying 6x9 are direct door fit?

10 minutes ago, tomleo67 said:

thanks eric, so are you saying 6x9 are direct door fit?

I cannot say that for certain because previous model required brackets. If you want to fit new door speakers in the front, you should contact Metra and confirm for the 6x9 but you will need the following:

- 6x9 = Metra 82-3004

- 6 1/2 = Metra 82-3005

They are very good at confirming fitment and responding in a timely manner. I know for certain that the 6 1/2 is bracket is the correct part but just confirm the 6x9. Don't rely solely on information you read online, just reach out to companies that manufacturer products for our trucks. Best way to make sure you don't get burned. Hope this helps