Any supercharged 6.2 owners that can give some feedback?

Long story short, my truck was totaled last week, got confirmation today. Have been looking around & found a great deal on a leftover 2018 6.2 premium plus w/ a magnason supercharger installed. Seems like they've retained the the stock cam/valvetrain will still go into AFM mode, magnason warranties the engine/transmission above & beyond GM in case something isn't covered. They're telling me the rest of the drivetrain components would still be covered under the factory comprehensive warranty (which seems nuts) - like axles, driveshaft, diffs

What kind of gas mileage would I expect to see w/ a setup like this? The truck is also leveled 2.5" & on 33"s, my truck was leveled similarly I was averaging 16.5 mpg overall.

I am 1100 miles away from the dealer so can't just go there & check it out myself, I wouldn't be worried about much if it wasn't supercharged since I'm already familiar w/ the platform having 3 of these trucks in the past including the one that just got totaled.

I wouldn't touch it unless you like wasting precious weekends, sitting in the at the service departments waiting room, who cares if it's warranteed , i have better shit to do with my weekends.... there's a reason "it's for sale..." 

this truck really isn't all that fast compared to a tuned stock 6.2 truck. I believe it's 1 second quicker , nothing to write home about! its still a heavy pig, stock or boosted , MPG will be worse than factory , like 10mpg... buy an old F-body or used CTS-V if you want supercharged adrenaline

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I can't believe you are worried about gas mileage. Really?

10 if you're lucky

Not worried just curious - mostly trying to get the best deal - sooooo, a brand new 2018 leftover w/ a Fabtech level, 33" nitto terra grapplers on black 20" fuel wheels, a corsa exhaust, SLT premium plus w/ a maggie for $54k is a ridiculous deal

I totaled my truck need to replace it don't wanna waste much time but want to get the best deal possible. No matter what, SC or not, I'd be leveling it, putting on 33"s (I already have 33" snow tire setup w/ factory 20"s so that works out) & putting on an exhaust - that would all be $3000 in and of itself to begin with.

Dealers in my area are not discounting enough IMO, this is a Laura GMC deal - of course I would have to fly out there & ship it, so that's a PITA in a way too, but still - the pricing is just way lower.

I don't think it would get only 10 mpg though w/ the AFM still in there - if I'm getting on it sure, but otherwise no. I want a 6.2 CC w/ 20" wheels either SLT premium plus or Denali - Denali would cost me additional $$$ aside from the higher sticker I would IMMEDIATELY drop the magnaride shocks add the delete kit (like $450) & add either Bilstein 5100s or Eibacks which would be another $500-$750 installed. I guess I do save on the bed liner.

You might as well go get it then. If it's what you want. All the mods are done. Drive it home.

Sounds like a good deal.

Don't worry about the MPG's gas is cheap.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 2

for 54K this truck sounds like a pretty good deal.  Sounds like it'd be a blast to drive + its already set up with plenty of goodies.  I'd consider it if I totalled my '17 Denali & was looking for a replacement.  

• Like 2

The only thing I'd be worried about and maybe check into is warranty coverage seeing as the dealer you'd be taking it to for repairs is NOT the dealer who installed the S/C. I could see some issues come up there...

A supercharger shouldnt affect fuel economy as long as you stay out of boost. The bigger tires is what will make your gas mileage take a hit. Instead of getting 20-22 on the hwy stock, my guess is youd be more in the 16-18 range with the 33's and heavier wheels.

If it’s dealer installed with a full warranty (you indicated! Even more than stock warranty) with all the add ons you might be interested in, I would definitely go and look at it.

i want to know:

Canned Magnusson tune? - can you call magnusson and fall to them directly about all these things and suss out the warranty?

exhaust mods- cats? 

mileage on the truck-

has it been off the lot?

exact suspension mods -which FabTech part numbers (you can call them as well)

wheels and tire changes

Is the speedo corrected?

How long has it been on their lot?

How many of these did they build?

Have any other dealers done this particular package.?

im not sure why Flying Fool believes you’ll be spending all your time at the dealership. Superchargers aren’t magic or a huge mystery. Personally I’d look at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1