My New 2019 (not the wrong section!)

Been researching the different trucks for a couple months now and in the end, went with a 2019 Silverado 1500 LD which is the carryover body style. It's a Graphite Metallic Z71 with the All Star package which is a pretty well optioned truck. 

Been snowing and icing all day so all I got is the pic from the dealership this afternoon:

IMG_0457.JPG

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

Been researching the different trucks for a couple months now and in the end, went with a 2019 Silverado 1500 LD which is the carryover body style. It's a Graphite Metallic Z71 with the All Star package which is a pretty well optioned truck. 

Been snowing and icing all day so all I got is the pic from the dealership this afternoon:

IMG_0457.JPG

Good choice . Chevy all the way?

Double Cab. This has 18s. I didn't see any with 20s but that doesn't mean much of course. I wanted the 18s so it wasn't something I seeked out. The LD is a bit unique- the All Star package includes heated seats, bedliner and the trailer brake controller which I think were all standalone options prior.

• Like 1

2019 (old style) all-star edition:

PDU         All Star Edition, includes (AG1) driver 10-way power seat adjuster, (CJ2) dual-zone climate control, (BTV) Remote Vehicle Starter system, (C49) rear-window defogger, (N37) manual tilt and telescopic steering column, (KI4) 110-volt power outlet and (JL1) Integrated trailer brake controller

1LT version - Includes (T3U) LED front fog lamps, (PZX) 18" x 8.5" bright-machined aluminum wheels and (RKX) P265/65R18 all-season, blackwall tires. Upgradeable to 22" LPO wheels. Not available with (PDA) Texas Edition. 

2LT version  - Includes (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats and (CGN) spray-on bedliner. Not available with (PDA) Texas Edition.

57 minutes ago, Darksky said:

Pardon my ignorance, what does the ld stand for and please explain the rationale behind the carryover body style? 

It certainly looks good. Congratulations.

I assume LD stands for "light duty". As for why the carryover, my assumption is that it's two primary reasons. #1 so they can keep pumping out trucks before they change over the second factory as they tend to flood the market prior to a change in order to have enough trucks for demand. #2 is to offer some of the lower trim better priced trucks. When a new generation comes out you tend to see the higher spec trucks on the market with less incentive, so they still want to have some trucks with steep discounts and lesser options. Not everyone wants to spend the cash on the high country with every single option.

• Thanks 1

@MikeNH Surprised you went to quirk rather than banks. I find the staff, options and pricing at banks is worlds better than quirk personally. That said I'm right down the road from there so I tend to use that dealer for basic service stuff. GMC side seems less intense than the chevy side somehow.