How to replace the side mirror caps on your 2019 Silverado

23 minutes ago, Lyons00 said:

Hi, just bought a pair of black side mirror covers.  How did you get the plastic piece off, in the video it was already off?

Thanks Jerry

You tilt the mirror forward and push in to release it from the back. That gets you started, then follow the rest of the video to get the rest  apart.  Just take your time and if you can do it out in the sun light so you can see better.

I changed my chrome to painted covers and it was amazing to me how fragile the tabs were on the chrome covers. They just fell off with little to no force. I ended up trashing them.

20 minutes ago, RUSSH said:

I changed my chrome to painted covers and it was amazing to me how fragile the tabs were on the chrome covers. They just fell off with little to no force. I ended up trashing them.

I’m still having a hard time finding the mirror tabs. Guess these old eyes aren’t helping. Even with my glasses. Might have to bring I to the dealer now. Damn!!

2 minutes ago, RUSSH said:

Just follow the video step by step and make sure you have plenty of light.

Thanks, I’ve been trying. Having problems with my damn eyes on those mirror tabs. Can’t seem to see or find them lol 

On 3/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, Black02Silverado said:

Funny you should mention that.  I Kind of hit the garage door opening backing in and it popped the cap off.  No other damage.  But to get the cap back on you have to take it apart.  No popping it back into place.

Mine apparently broke off on the highway. I was able to grab it while it was fluttering. I went to the dealer and after a week they snapped the new one on without dismantling the mirror (literally saw them snap it back on). You do not need to take the mirror apart.

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with my dealer and they say the whole mirror and the backing needs to come off.  They want 95.00 per mirror to install.  That's a bit much, might just return them....

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Lyons00 said:

I just got off the phone with my dealer and they say the whole mirror and the backing needs to come off.  They want 95.00 per mirror to install.  That's a bit much, might just return them....

Thanks

If you want to take them off without damaging them, this make sense to me.

Black02Silverado said that you need to pull them apart to clip them back on, which is not correct but we got a good video of how to take them apart which is still a win. I wanted people to know that if they come off, you can just clip it back on(if nothing broke in the process).

1 hour ago, BlancoSilverado said:

If you want to take them off without damaging them, this make sense to me.

Black02Silverado said that you need to pull them apart to clip them back on, which is not correct but we got a good video of how to take them apart which is still a win. I wanted people to know that if they come off, you can just clip it back on(if nothing broke in the process).

Exactly, my top popped off and I thought I could just snap it back on.  But when I tired a tab broke off so that is why I had to get another one and then took it apart to put the new one on.

This forum never disappoints.   I was actually looking at chrome mirror caps for my truck last night.  I wondered if they were like the old ones that just snapped on.. then I see this video.. way cool.  Thanks

• 2 months later...

Where can you order painted mirror caps?  I have not found that online.

Update:

Nevermind, I found them.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2019-silverado-1500-rearview-mirror-covers-shadow-gray-metallic-outside-set-two/84469253-p-92300707.html

Now if I could find painted door handles

Edited by TexasGMCZ71

1 hour ago, TexasGMCZ71 said:

Where can you order painted mirror caps?  I have not found that online.

Update:

Nevermind, I found them.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2019-silverado-1500-rearview-mirror-covers-shadow-gray-metallic-outside-set-two/84469253-p-92300707.html

Now if I could find painted door handles

I had vinyl put on mine....turned out really nice!

KIkWgnhCS8SKn6NX%n6xjw.jpg

• 2 months later...