How to replace the side mirror caps on your 2019 Silverado

47 minutes ago, Weaverstreet said:

Anyone know the part number for these in Satin Steel? There are a few colors available , but the Satin Steel ones I want/need are eluding me.

It is my understanding that they are not available in SS and you have to have yours painted.  But I could be wrong, but from all the info I have come across this is the only way.

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

It is my understanding that they are not available in SS and you have to have yours painted.  But I could be wrong, but from all the info I have come across this is the only way.

Thank You, I've seen them on the High Country Models so I guess I will just have to wait until they become available.

2 hours ago, Raybaby said:

YOU DO JOT HAVE TOO TAKE MIRRORS APART TO CHANGE THE CAPS I DID MINE IN 10 MINUTES. AND DID NOT BREAK ANY OF THE TAPS OFF EVEN ON THE ONES I TOOK OFF

Please post a video on how you accomplished this.  That way we can see how it is done and would save us all some serious time in doing so.  :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Raybaby said:

All I did was use a trim tool pried up from bottom of mirror cap on front of mirror and pulled the cap off. Then just put new one back on .top edge first and snap into place  

That is cool if it is that easy but like myself, I'm more of a visual person and that is why YouTube is my go to for anything I need to figure  out and I'm sure there are more like me out there and it would help us all out.  Thanks.

I actually tried painting one cap with Plastidip 11357 selenite gray. It was really close. I removed it the next day because it had a flaw and I just want the factory ones. a more skilled painter  could surely do the entire mirror in that color and it would look good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, Raybaby said:

All I did was use a trim tool pried up from bottom of mirror cap on front of mirror and pulled the cap off. Then just put new one back on .top edge first and snap into place  

I used raybaby instructions and was able to do it without taking mirror apart using trim tools I think less than 10 minutes

63BFCBAD-FD2F-4645-9835-29B8266E95AB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used raybaby instructions and was able to do it without taking mirror apart using trim tools I think less than 10 minutes

63BFCBAD-FD2F-4645-9835-29B8266E95AB.thumb.jpeg.2ae3d04b04354edff9e37a0f14510364.jpeg

Same here, super easy, broke one of the tabs off on the ones coming off but wasn’t planning on using them again or I would have been more careful. Much better with the color matched caps.

8ab13eb87f6124eae55d10b36204d434.jpg509c11dcaa0e75dc7fd7984af5136e31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how I got it without braking any clips but was done less than 10 minutes but definitely use pry tools I got mine eBay about 13 dollars free shipping

On 12/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, Raybaby said:

any chance you could pinpoint where you inserted the pry tool?

On 1/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, Julio13 said:

I have no idea how I got it without braking any clips but was done less than 10 minutes but definitely use pry tools I got mine eBay about 13 dollars free shipping

any chance you could pinpoint where you inserted the pry tool?