2019+ leveled trucks

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, Chance1025 said:

FWIW, I measured my trail boss before and after my 1.5” motofab. By my measurements it was exactly 2” lower in the front. Put on the 1.5 and low and behold, it raised it 1.5”. Haha. 

Kinda wish I would have went with the 2”, because there is still a hair of rake. So to those who haven’t yet, always measure first!

010FE26F-1F17-4D46-8B71-628BD24E9E81.jpeg

My LT Trailboss has about a 2" rake... sounds like the motofab 2" kit should work... but wondering if I should play it safe and go with the readylift kit with UCAs...

It seems like 2" front levels have little involved with them.  The 3" front levels from RC and Superlift require spring preload spacers.  Does anyone know what a 2.5" lift would do?   Would it just be a plug and play spacer like a 2".  I saw that the pro-comp kit split the spacers between top and bottom.  Wonder why they need to do that.

Is 3" the magic number where differential drops, CV angles and UCA angles get out of wack?

22 minutes ago, Hamshady said:

Motofab 1inch lift will fix it. My trailboss has a 1.5 rake going 1 inch lift.

Local install guys get a LOT of business and they’re putting 2” on everything. They don’t even have a 1.5”. They tell me the 2” levels them all almost perfectly. I don’t see how that’s possible if some trucks, including mine, only have 1.25” rake. 

I have a rough country 2in level on my 2 wheel drive LT 5.3 l and it looks good but from what I've seen and read online I think it takes less than 2 inches for trail bosses.  If you look on the wheel and tire thread there are people who have done less than 2 inches leveling.  There's a picture of my truck with the 2 inch level and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295 60-20 tires.

20190917_135226.jpg

7 hours ago, tannerm24 said:

Local install guys get a LOT of business and they’re putting 2” on everything. They don’t even have a 1.5”. They tell me the 2” levels them all almost perfectly. I don’t see how that’s possible if some trucks, including mine, only have 1.25” rake. 

A lot of trucks do have 2 or 2.5 rake, but some of them like you and me and others have a lot less. No idea why but I'm not complaining because the less i have to add the less stress on front end parts. Trailboss already has 2 inch so adding another 1 puts me at the magic 3 inch number which they say is max before you need to change out the arms.

Alright may be a stupid question but what is the best place to measure for rake? Just from the ground to the bottom of the fender?  I measured mine today and have a 3/4" rake so a leveling kit I already bought for it will put it way to high in front.  Could do a block in back, is there any reason or any negative feedback  of having a block in the back?

16 minutes ago, becker87 said:

Alright may be a stupid question but what is the best place to measure for rake? Just from the ground to the bottom of the fender?  I measured mine today and have a 3/4" rake so a leveling kit I already bought for it will put it way to high in front.  Could do a block in back, is there any reason or any negative feedback  of having a block in the back?

Not a stupid question. It doesn’t necessarily matter where you measure from as long as you do it the same way on the rear as you do the front, whether it’s from the fender to the ground or fender to the top of the wheel. Although mine is showing 1.15” of rake, I’m going with the 1.5” level. If it sits higher in the front, I’ll add a block to the rear. Either way, I’ll be switching to Bilstein 5100’s once they’re released. 

• Like 1

Here is 3" kit on my 1500 Sierra. It now measures right at 40" in front and 42.5" at rear with the 33" tires,285/70/17" to the

Bottom of the wheel wells. Sits about the same as factory 2500HDs. Not even close to rubing anywhere. Rides and handles nicely. Get alot of " oh you bought a 3/4 ton?" Comments all the time. I am pretty sure 35" would have worked just fine. But I didnt want

to loose that much mileage.

20190905_125705.jpg

Edited by 2019 Sierra Me
  • Like 1

Made my order!  Got some 2" top mount motofab spacers and some 1.5 rear spacers on ebay.  Ordered the motofab rear shock extender as well.  The other cheaper ones looked, well, cheap.  Hope to get it on in next few weeks. 

Edited by Ezekiel2517

On 9/28/2019 at 11:37 PM, Satinsteelmetallica said:

I have a rough country 2in level on my 2 wheel drive LT 5.3 l and it looks good but from what I've seen and read online I think it takes less than 2 inches for trail bosses.  If you look on the wheel and tire thread there are people who have done less than 2 inches leveling.  There's a picture of my truck with the 2 inch level and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295 60-20 tires.

20190917_135226.jpg

How the ride quality on that set up, I’m looking at doing something similar on my 2wd RST. Also do the tires stick out any on the sides? Any rubbing issues?.. Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I’m new to the truck scene. Thanks