Cranking, spark and fuel, no start on 1992 c1500 305tbi

Hello, I am new here and I am stuck scratching my head with an interesting problem. I might've gotten the engine out of time when I parked it to work on the motor a little bit. Am getting fuel, spark to all plugs and I assume good compression as I ran it last year and it ran fine, tried adjusting the distributor, but never can get it to a point where it would run on it's own, would fire, but not start up. And I've replaced the distributor in complete with the cap and ecm, coil, plugs, plug wires and of the sorts. I know it's out of time, have put it in top dead center many times and put distributor back in, and plug wires on the cap correct, and still nothing, I've replaced the whole throttle body, fuel pump/sending unit, fuel filter, and adjusted distributor with the computer unplugged and still nothing. I hope you guys can understand my frustration with this one lol, hope someone can give me a few pointers in some direction. Thanks!

Either a remote starter or a helper to bump the key,#1 plug out,finger over plug hole,turn over engine till you feel compression,and remember exhaust stroke will give you some compression,but a lesser amount,that would be 180 out,hand crank engine till mark and pointer line up,have rotor point at #1 cylinder,and plug wire for #1 to match

• Like 1

Okay, I put the engine to tdc compression stroke and the distributor rotor is facing more toward the passenger side of the truck. Any ideas from this point forward?

Thanks

Yup,pull it out,start a little early on setting it, remember the cam has a spiral gear,so if you start at#1,you end up where you are,and two ways with oil pump drive,1,put hold down on loosely ,it will drop,or,use screwdriver to turn drive to proper spot

Edit,I always leave stuff out, start early, meaning counterclockwise,like a little before #3 cylinder,as it drops it points towards#1,and if oil pump drive is not lined up,it will be up in the air a bit,so it will advance a touch further,try it,do not start it,spin it over, double-check,we all learned the same way