2014-2018 K2XX Silverado Add Factory Front & Rear Park Assist

I am currently setting out to figure out how to add factory front and rear park assist. I've spent quite a bit of time researching and looking through the upfitters manual to try and figure out if and how I might accomplish this. I can say that this is a very expensive and time consuming upgrade....especially since both front and rear bumpers need to be replaced. There are several parts that need to be added and quite a few circuits that need to be added. From looking at my X61A junction box, there are several circuits missing, and I have confirmed that the park assist module and cluster will need to be programmed after exchanging emails with WAMS (White Auto Media Services). We are both unsure if the BCM will require programming. I am thinking that it may not be necessary for this mod. 

Vehicle:

2018 Silverado, Crew Cab LT All-Star Edition 5.3L 

Parts Needed:

13447860 Control Module

19115653 Connector (You Wont Believe how expensive this is...but it comes with pre-terminated leads)

15127038 Connector & Terminal Part #: SAIT-A03T-M064

13525987 Connector & Terminal Part #: SAIT-A03T-M064

23145170 Stab Control Switch (Dash Switch to add park assist button) Terminated Lead Part #: 13575782

84029812 Front Bumper w/Fog Lights w/Sensors

84153946 Front Sensor x4

23276805 Park Sensor Bracket Front x4

23274031 Harness 

23108141 Rear Bumper w/Sensors

23428268 Rear Sensor x4

23276807 Park Sensor Bracket Rear x4

23406458 Harness

The bumpers are very expensive as you can imagine, so I am still trying to source new OEM chrome bumpers. I may break down and buy OE replacements on Ebay as they are much cheaper. Same part numbers are used. 

Circuits Needed to be Added:

3140 - Battery Positive Voltage

5852 - Rear Park Assist LED Disable Signal

5060 - Low Speed GMLAN Serial Data  (I believe this circuit may already exist. Need to verify)

2751 - Signal Ground (This circuit may already exist under the passenger seat) 

2375 - Left Rear Corner Object Sensor Signal

2376 - Left Rear Middle Object Sensor Signal
2374 - Object Sensor Control

2378 - Right Rear Corner Object Sensor Signal

2377 - Right Rear Middle Object Sensor Signal
2379 - Object Sensor Low Reference

5213 - Front Parking Left/Right/Mid Sensor

5215 - Front Parking Left Corner Sensor

5216 - Front Parking Left Mid Sensor

5214 - Front Parking Sensor Low Reference

5217 - Front Parking Right Corner Sensor

5218 - Front Parking Right Mid Sensor

Various Colors of 22 awg cross-link TXL Wire

1/2 in wire loom

Tesa Wire Loom Harness Tape

Replacing Bumpers:

Replacing the front bumper is pretty straightforward and is laid out very well in Phil Gamboa's youtube video. The harness' will need to be replaced with the parts listed above. I recommend swapping out the harness' while the bumpers are off. 

The rear bumper is a pain. You will need to loosen 8 bolts that attach the bed to the chassis. There are a few videos on how to do this. The bed does not need to be removed - It can either be propped up inside the wheel wells or held up by 2 people on either side while the bumper is lifted off. The bed needs to be lifted in order to fit the bumper brackets underneath it when pulling away from the vehicle.

You can replace the brackets and plastic parts on the rear bumper. It is pretty straightforward. Just squeeze the tabs one by one with a pair of pliers and they will release. If you pry the top plastic step without squeezing the tabs, you may break off the tabs.

Front Park Assist Sensors:

Phil Gamboa has done a great job showing how this is performed in his youtube video that shows him adding front park assist

Rear Park Assist Sensors:

Phil Gamboa has done a good job on explaining how to add front park assist. A nearly identical process is required to add the rear but instead the circuits will go to the X138 Connector under the hood and can be lead into the cab on the driver side much like how PGamboa did on the passenger side for the front sensors. From the upfitters manual it looks like the rear sensor wires go from sensors->harness->X185 Connector->X138->X2 Control Module Connector. I have not yet been able to locate the X185 Connector (most likely under the bed somewhere), but think that I will end up bypassing it and going straight to the X138 connector. 

Control Module X1 Connector to Instrument Panel:

The X1 Connector Circuits will run straight to the X61A Junction Box under the driver door sil. Power and Ground from the X1 Connector look like they will run up the passenger door sil. Circuit 3140 - Battery Positive Voltage Lands in the X51R fuse block in the X1 Connector, in cavity #43. I landed the Ground lead using a ring terminal under the B pillar. There is a ground bolt down there. 

Current Holdups:

Finding where exactly to land circuit 3140 - Battery Positive Voltage.

Circuit 3140 actually lands in the X51R fuse block. X1 connector, terminal #43.

Finding terminals for connectors has been very very difficult and I am still looking for several different types.

I am having a difficult time finding the correct terminals for:

S45A Multifunction Switch -> Ended up purchasing the GM terminated leads. Part #: 13575782

X61A Junction Box X1 Connector ->  Mouser Part #: 829-35031567

X61A Junction Box X5 Connector -> Mouser Part #: 829-35031567

X150 Connector  Male -> Mouser Part #: 571-964265-2-LP

X150 Connector  Female -> Mouser Part #: 571-964263-2-LP

X901 Connector Male -> Mouser Part #: 538-33000-0002-LP. After landing the terminals, I cannot get the connector to seat properly and lock, but I have confirmed that all wires have continuity through the connector. I am still working on figuring out why this is happening.

X100 Connector Female -> Mouser Part#: 538-33012-2003-LP

Any help with figuring out terminals for where to find decently priced bumpers would be appreciated.

I am continuing to work on the project as time permits. 

I am almost done with the modification as of now 8/27/19. I am waiting on a few park sensors to arrive to replace a few bad ones that I ended up with. I am getting a "Service Park Assist" Message on my cluster. I will follow up after I have this resolved to confirm everything is working as it should.

-Brandon Wood

Edited by Brandonw62
  • Like 1

Terminal leads for the following.  Of course there could be part number changes. These are per service info.

x61a

x1  19301767

x5  19370817

901 ?

s48a switch

Circuit 3140 goes to X51R, pass side IP fuse block. Terminal T43 p/n 19367554  Conn.  X1. Feed by fuse F27DR

Edited by tbarn

8 hours ago, tbarn said:

Terminal leads for the following.  Of course there could be part number changes. These are per service info.

x61a

x1  19301767

x5  19370817

901 ?

s48a switch

Circuit 3140 goes to X51R, pass side IP fuse block. Terminal T43 p/n 19367554  Conn.  X1. Feed by fuse F27DR

Thanks @tbarn . I was thinking of just spending the money on the pre-terminates leads if I couldn’t find the individual terminals on mouser. 

1 hour ago, DeePa said:

Is it worth it?

Absolutely not. It’s a money pit. But it’s a fun project that I’m sure someone would be interested in. This would be a nice safety feature for my fiancé whenever she ends up driving the truck.

I should be able to recoup some of the cost from selling my takeoff bumpers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is the exact thread I've been waiting for. Excellent writeup! I have a 2014 that I did a front and rear facelift to the 2016. I had Zero park assist (no front, no rear) so I'm looking forward to your final results. Thank you sir!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBrach said:

This is the exact thread I've been waiting for. Excellent writeup! I have a 2014 that I did a front and rear facelift to the 2016. I had Zero park assist (no front, no rear) so I'm looking forward to your final results. Thank you sir!

Oh boy :)  

• Like 1

Today I was able to get a hold of some OEM sensors for testing that was what did the trick.

Everything worked flawlessly. 

The sensors I got a hold of were part # 52050134 (front and rear). The notched rings were in the front and the smooth rings were in the back. 

I'm still waiting on some recommended aftermarket sensors to see if they work.

Edited by Brandonw62

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to have to read your thread all over again. I already have both bumpers, sensors, and bumper wiring harnesses, just need to see what all other modules and wires you purchased :)

Very cool to see this! I’ve had several ask me about adding this from scratch and you’ve done it!

Can you confirm if BCM programming was needed or not? Or just cluster and park assist module programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Very cool to see this! I’ve had several ask me about adding this from scratch and you’ve done it!

Can you confirm if BCM programming was needed or not? Or just cluster and park assist module programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct. There was no BCM programming required. Cluster and park assist module require programming. The Cluster requires the feature to be added and the park assist module needs to be associated with the vehicles vin.